Fasteddys Colour Coro Candles - Basic Instructions

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
gsxr7500 said:
Timon said:
I love these an there will be at least four of them in my 2012 display.

Did you run the two rows of pixel modules in parallel since each module at each level would be doing the same thing? Same with the flame?

I'm thinking to maybe try making one half round by slitting the coro to curve it like David Moore's eve diffusers.

Speaking of David, I'd love to see him kit these if he's interested and you have no objections.

The only problem i see with curving is when you cut it and bend it the coro becomes very weak. You will then have to put dividers in to brace it which you will see the dividers through the coro when lit creating dark spots. Thats just my opinion.

Actually this is not the case, the important factor is to ensure that the cuts are on the inside diametre and when this curves the cut parts actually support eachother as they mesh in together

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
mmais68569 said:
Eddy

How did you get the flicker in the candle flame? Can you up load what the sequence looked like?

Mike
It is just using the sparkle effect on LSP and nothing else so its very simple to get the effect, nothing special at all.

dmoore

Senior elf
Here is a variation that has a front curved face that might provide some additional inspiration:

http://www.holidaycoro.com/RGB-Coro-Candle-p/421.htm

421-5.jpg
421-7.jpg

421-6.jpg

Ralphyf1

Full time elf
Eddy, thanks for the plans. My wife and I cut out and made 6 candles to your recipe yesterday and put the pixel strip from my porch posts in them. Turned them on last night in n'test' mode and very impressed with the effect. Had to wind the output from 50% up to 100% for these strips but very happy with the results. Much appreciate you sharing your plans and video. Many thanks Ralph