First timer Hello

Eastwood16G

Full time elf
Welcome aboard.

I came to ACL this year much like you. I have a number of BigW strings that I've linked up using a DMX36 from Alan. There are cheaper dimmers available from China (referred to as Ray 27ch on the forum). Alan's have fuses and are very easy to package with a power supply. You will need a DMX dongle or a bridge to make them talk to your PC. You will need some sequencing software. I use Vixen 3 which works very well for me and would be cheap at twice the price (its a free download)

If you think time is running out before Xmas the BigW strings are good because you can hook up several strings of 200 so they all work together rather than blinking out of sync. BigW say three strings but I have run five without any problems. AND when you get around to cutting them up for a sequenced display its pretty easy because they are in sections of 10 lamps per channel, cut where there are three wires. I've been cutting up other strings - hassles.

When you get C.L.A.P. is when you get some pixels.

benzor84

Apprentice elf
Hi Chloe,
I'm just up the hill from you in Springwood.
This is my first year too to automation however i started much earlier in the year.

This place is very helpful and full of good ideas and motivation to build your show.
And yes avoid the xmas shops in Penrith they are a massive rip off.

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Chloe

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Welcome to ACL

Lots of stuff to learn and this is the best place to do it.

Hop into chat as well, great place to get answers and work out issues.

-Blu

closetnerd88

New elf
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I must say it's such a friendly helpful group.

I'm going to head down to Big W and check out their lights today.