Forum improvement ideas

mrpackethead

Full time elf
David_AVD said:
I agree. I think it's a good thing to see posts on all subjects. The variety is one of the best features of ACL.

I disagree. I'd like to be able to filter what i see, because in this age of information overload, spending time trolling through stuff i don't want to see is time wasted.

When i look at New Posts, all i want to see is the stuff i'm interested in. I dont' care if theres sections of stuff i'm not interested in or not, i'd just like the ability to filter my view of it.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
David_AVD said:
I agree. I think it's a good thing to see posts on all subjects. The variety is one of the best features of ACL.

To have the option of seeing them, I totally agree. I have no interest in the Tiger or LOR sections - I have never read them and never will, so having the ability to remove them from the "Show new posts" would be ideal.

kool-lites

Full time elf
How is an average of less than 10 posts per week an issue to sort through? This is not DIYC or PC.
While it detracts from ACL being "All things to All People" if it is option in your profile that would be OK too.

davidt

New elf
lithgowlights said:
I have no interest in the Tiger or LOR sections - I have never read them and never will, so having the ability to remove them from the "Show new posts" would be ideal.

Hang on Dave, I just saw a post from you in one of the LOR sections... Gotchya :D

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
davidt said:
Hang on Dave, I just saw a post from you in one of the LOR sections... Gotchya :D

True, but that was because of the prompt in the chat, and some whispers going on in the background :)

kel

Dedicated elf
As I had already read them from the Aussie LOR Google Groups ... I just marked them as read. This is not a big issue!

This info should NOT be lost!

PS Ryan, pls bring over all of Brissie Geoff's stuff re cutting out or bridging controllers ...
and while you are at it ... there is some interesting stuff re bassaw's (forgotten the nick, either a double ss or double zz, but was from WA) stuff on his mega tree on the roof but bolted to the inside structure ... I reckon that Lights On Sail (our new 14 yr old) would benefit from that ... besides he is a friend of Barry! :D

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
ACL is not about what you use, its about what you do with it. So all posts and threads have their value regardless if your using LOR, Stellascapes to Renard, pixlenet and what ever else is out there.
For anyone to suggest that a particular group should be segregated because they dont use tha same as other individuals is going against what ACL is all about.
ACL is about helping eachother and providing information to help others create great displays and shows that will bring joy to many.
The simple thing is to hit the 'Mark all read' button for all posts and threads your not concerned with.
If the implementation of adding the choice of what posts/threads you choose to see is easy to implement then this will help others in managing what they want to see and ive always been a big fan of choice.