FPP / F16V3 setup

layzer1

New elf
Thank you for this. Dumb question, so once everything is configred, does this mean my FPP (PI4) can function wirelessly and connect the Ethernet cable from the FPP to a switch and connect multiple controllers from that switch or does the FPP have to be hard wired at all times to the router/switch?

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Thank you for this. Dumb question, so once everything is configred, does this mean my FPP (PI4) can function wirelessly and connect the Ethernet cable from the FPP to a switch and connect multiple controllers from that switch or does the FPP have to be hard wired at all times to the router/switch?
Setup the wlan on FPP to home network/wifi and you should be good. I can access all my Pi's from home network via wlan 10.0.0.x. All of show network is 192.168.0.x. My Master FPP connects to a switch. I have the 3 remote FPP and (8) Falcon controllers connected to the switch. Only wire from my master FPP is to the switch. I'm not great on this networking stuff.. But it works

layzer1

New elf
Setup the wlan on FPP to home network/wifi and you should be good. I can access all my Pi's from home network via wlan 10.0.0.x. All of show network is 192.168.0.x. My Master FPP connects to a switch. I have the 3 remote FPP and (8) Falcon controllers connected to the switch. Only wire from my master FPP is to the switch. I'm not great on this networking stuff.. But it works
Thank you, I was trying to wrap my head around how I was going to have a 100ft Ethernet cable running through my house to the garage