FPP not holding settings

Gerald

New elf
I am having problems with FPP V7.2 which I upgraded several months ago.
It appears that although i have set the audio to usb output from the Pi 3b+ and hit save and reboot , sometimes after switcing off and back on it again defaults to dummy output?
Also i have a hanson 28D+ attached to the pi and have upgraded with a licence , however for this year i have selected this (standard setting) in the output drop down box and again saved and rebooted, this again several days later reverts back to the dpi pixels setting and my light string of 4wire pixel does not work
Any thoughts as to why the controller does this?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Also i have a hanson 28D+ attached to the pi and have upgraded with a licence , however for this year i have selected this (standard setting) in the output drop down box and again saved and rebooted, this again several days later reverts back to the dpi pixels setting and my light string of 4wire pixel does not work
How is it configured in xLights? You've probably got it set as DPI Pixels mode there so when you do a configuration push it's modifying it.

i have set the audio to usb output from the Pi 3b+ and hit save and reboot , sometimes after switcing off and back on it again defaults to dummy output?
Two possible issues.
1. Not enough power or interference from a transmitter. Try running a powered USB hub and/or moving away from the transmitter.
2. There is an FPP boot delay option under Settings -> System - try increasing that to say 10 seconds to give the USB time to initialise.
1700175918792.png

Gerald

New elf
Thanks Skymaster seems I did not have the variant checkbox correct in xlights, I will give the boot delay a try to see if the audio gets fixed
As I am in the UK we do not use FM transmitters

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
No problems at all. As for the no transmitter young, that will help with reliability, some of the ones used in the hobby are notoriously bad at knocking other things out.