FPP not playing sequences

Gerald

New elf
Hi
I have a small set up Pi 3B+ with a hanson cape and a Falcon F16v4 , this all ran perfectly normal last year , however this year brings new problems
The Pi and hanson RP28d+ which has a mega tree conected works OK with sequences but the Falcon does not, it will output lights with the test mode but not sequences
FPP is on v7.2 and all items are on a network with fixed IP adresses

I have checked most settings and they are the same as last year so I am baffled at present as to why the sequences play correctly from the Pi and not the falcon.
any help would be most appreciated

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Double check the IP address for the falcon controller under outputs on the FPP instance.

Gerald

New elf
The IP address is correct and UDP "ALL" is checked

When I play through x lights the sequences do play but the falcon controller does seem to be not displaying correctly BUT the mega tree on the pi is correct

The only difference this year is that I have connected the pi with an ethernet lead via a new 4 port switch and have checked the lead with a tester and the pin connections appear to be correct
Last year it was connected via ethernet directly to the falcon

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Double check in FPP - Channel Setup -> Outputs -> E1.31/DDP page. Make sure that all the information from the FPP connect about the Falcon has been pushed across. It should have the IP Address there, the channel numbers and protocol all selected correctly.

If not, check in xLights that the Falcon Controller is set to "Active" and not "xLights Only"

Gerald

New elf
Thanks for all your time and help , I have re checked all of your comments and think I may have found the problem
It appears that the FSEQ file was set to V2 Sparse zstd and not V2
After re reading the falcon manual it says this first type is not supported, anyway I have re uuploaded a few sequences and they now seem to be playing OK

I will press on with the rest of the show and look forward to switch on on Nov 25th

Silly mistake but this hobby seems to be full of them - or is it me !!!!

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Interesting. That would be a bug in xLights then.
V2 means the FSEQ includes data for all models, V2 Sparse only includes that the FSEQ data for models that the particular player/controller needs.
Given that UDP Out = All was selected, it _should_ have had all pixel data in the uploaded FSEQ.

DarkwinX

Full time elf
I always had issues with sparse as well but it could've been the FPP password that messed it all up. Did you have a password on your FPP by any chance?

Gerald

New elf
This is the extract from the on line manual, although it was from 2021, and may not be correct now, however I have my fingers crossed that it works for me
  1. FSEQ files​

The FSEQ sequence files must be in one of the following versions:
  • FSEQ - V1
  • FSEQ - V2 Uncompressed
  • FSEQ - V2 ZLIB

The FSEQ - V2 ZSTD is NOT supported.

Gerald

New elf
I always had issues with sparse as well but it could've been the FPP password that messed it all up. Did you have a password on your FPP by any chance?
yes I changed it when upgrading to v7

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
This is the extract from the on line manual, although it was from 2021, and may not be correct now, however I have my fingers crossed that it works for me
  1. FSEQ files​

The FSEQ sequence files must be in one of the following versions:
  • FSEQ - V1
  • FSEQ - V2 Uncompressed
  • FSEQ - V2 ZLIB

The FSEQ - V2 ZSTD is NOT supported.
The Falcon F16v4 is not reading the FSEQ and playing the sequence. That would be used if you have the F16v4 in Player mode, SD card in it and an audio module, running completely standalone.
In this case, FPP is reading the FSEQ file and sending E1.31 or DDP data to the Falcon V16v4.

Passwords have nothing to do with file formats. The password may prevent uploads of sequence files to FPP, but it wont change how FPP interprets the file and spits out the pixel data.