Answered FPP not working with pixelstick firmware

Syd

New elf
I am total newbie with all this new (to me) technology.

I threw together a esp8266 with ESPixelStick firmware and an Adafruit 8 light neopixel stick.

Am able to test using the local firmware. Finally got xLights working and am able to send to the test board using unicast.

Installed FPP on an old version 1.0 PI. Nothing I do will get the FPP to blink lights. The display test is where i expect testing the FPP Pixelstick working together.

I followed a few of the FPP setup videos - each time wiping the config back to just about nothing... Uploaded configs from xLights copied over simple fseq's - all to no avail.

I hope it's not the choice of pi versions - could it be a timing issue from the pie - I have a couple other newer pis but they are doing important stuff i do not want to interrupt.

Any help would be appreciated ...

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Can you post screenshots of your Pi, wifi, Xlights configs.
What are you sending the wifi data with? With a Pi or via a wifi router?

Syd

New elf
I am trying to send from a PI - I can get the lights to work in XLights - but have never had ANY output from the PI.
I flashed some code onto a esp32 that output raw artnet data - tried with that - again from xLights got output - using the same config on the FPP nothing ... Maybe some screen shots will help

Attachments

• E1.31 ArtNet.jpg
    E1.31 ArtNet.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 29
  • FPP Global Settings.jpg
    FPP Global Settings.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Network Configuration.jpg
    Network Configuration.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 25
  • xLights Test Lights.jpg
    xLights Test Lights.jpg
    532.7 KB · Views: 24

Syd

New elf
I am using the eth0 out back to the router and out to the esp chips
it was plugged into a gigabit switch - i also tried plugged into the back of the router ...

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The enable E1.31/Artnet output isn't ticked. I hope that's all the problem is as I know nothing about Artnet or ESP Pixelsticks

Reactions: Syd

ICon

New elf
You appear to be playing with the same things as me at the moment - espixelstrip and falconplayer.

Changing the output definition to E1.31 Unicast should help

Syd

New elf
It started working perfectly after I ticked the Enable E1.31 /ArtNet Output: - I knew it was something between the keyboard and the chair.... Both ARTNET and e1.31 unicast

Now the hobby is going to get REAL expensive - LOL :)

Reactions: AAH