FPP Projector Control

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
We have a NEC PA804UL-W projector and are looking to trigger it on and off each day. NEC's previous software had a control section that would do this, but the newest version (capable with our projector) seems to have eliminated that option.
Is anyone familiar with the Projector Control plugin on FPP? I understand that this plugin will do on off triggers, but my projector is not on the projector list on the plugin and it is not readily apparent to me how to use PJLINK.
Thanks!

MikeKrebs

Full time elf
Did you try one of the other NEC projectors? Especially for on/off, likely one of them will work.

Grozzy

Oh great, the idiot's back
The manual says that it does support standard class 1 pjlink so as Mike said maybe select a different NEC in the options. It mentions a password. Is it a new or old projector. If old has a password already been set by the previous owner.Screenshot_20240221_081452_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
Is there a manual for Projector Control? I was looking for it and could not find it. Please post a link if possible.

Indigogyre

Journeyman Elf
Generous elf
Is there a manual for Projector Control? I was looking for it and could not find it. Please post a link if possible.
This might be a good place to start

Then maybe

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
I traversed the GitHub previously and I'm either missing it or dont know how to interpret it.
Can someone share a screen shot of their config?

MikeKrebs

Full time elf
This video at this point talks about one way (serial) to setup a projector:

View: https://youtu.be/OJopBp2YJxc?t=481

How are you trying to connect your projector? Are you using Ethernet? That is what PJLINK is for. The plugin doesn't have many options really. Where are you having problems?

The commands will appear as scripts available in a playlist.
1708660367785.png
You can also create a command preset:
1708660513750.png

JohnsRdChristmas

Full time elf
A simpler solution maybe,

Turning On
You could use a smart timer power plug to turn on both the PI and the Projector,
In the projector,
Setup > Power Options >Auto Power On > Select the input for the pi

Turning Off,
FPP Pi > Use shutdown script in lead out of your show. (This will shut down the pi at the end of your show)
Projector, Setup > Power Options > Auto Power Off > Select a time (5 seconds, 10 seconds, etc) (This will turn the projector off if no input detected)

Then set the smart plug to turn off at whatever time you know it will be safe to,
Eg 10 mins later etc,

Saves the need for any network cables and may be a simpler solution,

spaulgal

Apprentice elf
The projector in permanently mounted on the ceiling in our large atrium. We have a network cable connected to it for control. We were hoping to automate the off/on via this network connection.
Is there a variant of the instructions above for network control instead of serial?