Funny things people say at your Christmas Light Display

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Aha yes definetly guys (how long to put display together the power bill questions every night ) we should have pre recorded messages or an information board for frequently asked questions

MarcD

Full time elf
the grinch said:
Aha yes definetly guys (how long to put display together the power bill questions every night ) we should have pre recorded messages or an information board for frequently asked questions

Next time someone asks dumb questions while they're watching virtual Santa, I'm going to say that the bit where he looks at the list, he's just ticking off how many times people have asked the same question.

JPB

Full time elf
While listening to the radio and watching the synchronised show " how do you know what song they are going to play next?"
Or the killer
"Hey look, your lights ALMOST match the beat of the song"

GCAllan

New elf
On Saturday night a young lady (guessing 10ish) boldly marched up to me while "Let it Go" was playing and said this is a kid's song, can we have Uptown Funk next. I humbly said sorry I don't have the song.

Then had to sneak off and google what uptown funk was as I had no idea.

Sunday was out on the footpath in my boardie's no shirt with beer in hand when a young fella came up to me and said your lights look good and proceeded to ask me if I sleep with no clothes on like his dad. Didn't know how to respond to that.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
That's too funny.

GCAllan said:
On Saturday night a young lady (guessing 10ish) boldly marched up to me while "Let it Go" was playing and said this is a kid's song, can we have Uptown Funk next. I humbly said sorry I don't have the song.

Sunday was out on the footpath in my boardie's no shirt with beer in hand when a young fella came up to me and said your lights look good and proceeded to ask me if I sleep with no clothes on like his dad. Didn't know how to respond to that.

GCAllan

New elf
AAH said:
That's too funny.

GCAllan said:

Haven't been game to go outside without a shirt on since!!!!

1983ss454

New elf
My father did a motorized plywood cutout display for 30 years and he still comes over and asks me these questions. I think I've answered his same questions every year for the last 3-4 years lol

scamper

Dedicated elf
elnino said:
JPB said:
"Hey look, your lights ALMOST match the beat of the song"

Like a knife through the heart!

Just tell them that they do match and it is only because light travels at 299 792 458 m/s and sound only travels at 340.29 m/s so they see the lights before they hear the music.

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
It's more something people do. Last night was my busiest night ever. Not sure if the word had passed around that santa had arrived or if it's just close to Christmas. I thought I was going to have to lock my front door at one stage to stop the littlies trying to get in to see santa. It is amazing how convinced they are that santa is in the house.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
scamper said:
Just tell them that they do match and it is only because light travels at 299 792 458 m/s and sound only travels at 340.29 m/s so they see the lights before they hear the music.

And that is why some people look intelligent until you hear them speak :)

I also get the same questions

Is it solar powered
No the sun does not shine at night when the display is on

Oh so if the sun was shining it WOULD be solar powered
Err, yes but we would not have the lights on - that's called DAYTIME

Your power bill must be huge
Yes, but not because of the lights - they cost us less than $20 for the month

Where are the snow machines?
They run from 8pm until 9pm, at which time we turn them off because of noise

But could you put them on, little Jimmy wants to see them
No it's 11pm

Greg.Ca

Apprentice elf
And here's the best one. Oh!! what do you mean it has music? I don't hear any music.
And by the way, I have at least 4 illuminated signs that indicate 'tune to'...... as well as 'Tune to' on the Pixel tree between each song. I always go out and try to greet our guests and just make sure that they do indeed have their car radio 'tuned in'. I figure there are always a hand full that still have no idea that lights are choreographed to music. Not sure what to think??

And the 2nd dumbest thing is always asked by teenage girls..."How do you get the radio station to play your music"? Since I'm Italian I just wink and tell them that I made an offer to the owner of the radio station that he couldn't refuse if you know what I mean. And then I wink again and walk off. And to think that these same girls will be taking care of me in my old age. Yikes!!

mborg10

Michael Borg
Greg.Ca said:
And to think that these same girls will be taking care of me in my old age. Yikes!!

Doesn't take too many brain cells to work a sponge bath. Just some blonde hair and a tight white t shirt. Haha

Madko

Full time elf
Are you an electrician?
How long does it take to setup?
Where do you buy your lights?
[SIZE=78%]The one I really love is, have you seen "blah blah street"?[/SIZE]

kane

Dedicated elf
Madko said:
Are you an electrician?
How long does it take to setup?
Where do you buy your lights?
The one I really love is, have you seen "blah blah street"?

We were sitting on our front lawn enjoying them with some friends a couple nights ago, and someone drove past slowly and said to us "Hey, have you seen the ones up on blah blah street - there's twice as many lights as this".. They obviously didn't know it was our house or the difference between synchronised and not.