G'day From Coffs Harbour

Scoobrs

New elf
Hey All,

New to the forum, looking to find some info/help on choosing controllers for a christmas light setup I have in mind, Look forward to speaking to you all.

Heres a shot of our basic setup for now

47661_468171311700_527876700_6131234_7235211_n.jpg

Looking to spruce things up for next year with some synchronisation and a mega tree of some sort :D

Cheers,
Eric.

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Welcome, youv'e certainly come to the right spot and great group of people here I was where you are 12 months ago and now running 240 channels, steep leaving curve, but there a great bunch of helpful guys and girls here that will get you headed in the right direction.

Scoobrs

New elf
hehe don't think I will be going for 240 channels, all I really want to do is setup similiar placings to what i have now + the driveway, add the tree and synchronise it all...

Once I figure out what controller I'm gonna be using lol

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Scoobrs said:
hehe don't think I will be going for 240 channels, all I really want to do is setup similiar placings to what i have now + the driveway, add the tree and synchronise it all...

Once I figure out what controller I'm gonna be using lol

Welcome to ACL, you have found the right place to help you on your way to a great display in 2011, lots of great guys and info here.
As far as 240 channels, thats not many when we start talking RGB lighting and pixels which im sure you will learn all about.

Scoobrs

New elf
Yeah already done a bit of reading about all the stuff, I really should have said, that I wouldn't be using that many sets of lights hehehehe cos the wife would kill me, although I'm sure I can persuade her into buying more sets :D

Cheers,
Eric.

Scoobrs

New elf
Gonna bump this up and say I'm still here :D

This year I have acquired an old school olsen 595 + renc for a total 64 dimmable channels! I doubt to be using that many maybe a little over 1/2 that I would think!

Cheers!

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
nice little spot spot in the front there for some sorta rather large tree.

Scoobrs

New elf
I would agree with you all, however you don't know what the people are like around here. It'd either get knocked off or smashed, Which is why I was tending to go for a tree around my porch support pole instead!

Cheers.