Gold Coast - Queensland

kwiksmart

New elf
Found this store on the internet. My T Brite Lights. They sell waterproof LED lights. I bought 50mt roll of Led ropelight that can be cut at 2mt intervals. Also superbrite led stringlights that come in 7.4mt lenghs and you can join up to 20 sets together.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
kwiksmart said:
They sell waterproof LED lights. I bought 50mt roll of Led ropelight that can be cut at 2mt intervals.
Hi

I too found them last year and I can tell you that its not that waterproof I pulled my rope lights out this year to find that the interior wires were all dis-coloured in a rusty looking colour and sections of it didn't work anymore so it went in the bin. That's why I guess he's selling shrink tube on the same page now
I also have M5 mini lights that some of the ends have fallen off and water gets into them and being a 240v light string it damaged an output on the controller when it went bang.

Not all is bad the c6 strawberry lights are very solid and I've never had a problem with them.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome kwiksmart to ACL, I hope you find this place to be helpful. I noticed that you popped into chat a few times lastnight but it appears everyone was busy preparing for their displays to welcome you as its now getting to crunch time. Its usually a lot more active.
Anyway there are many members in Queensland that you can go and see their displays this year to get some ideas.

kwiksmart

New elf
I will get back on the roof today and put on the shrink tubing.
Do you just slip it over the connection and use a hairdryer to shrink it?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
A hair dryer is not usually hot enough for shrink tubing. Buy a paint stripper gun and use on the lower setting. Much cheaper than an official heat shrink gun. ($25 vs $125)

Scoobrs

New elf
I'm pretty tight when it comes to buying things, so I bought a heat gun for $20 from bunnings :D fast and slow air flow and it gets nice and hot for the raychem I use :D