Got a new EtherCongateway (ECG) and trying to hook it up to LSP?

dmoore

Senior elf
After MUCH effort last year, I produced this video that may assist others in the setup of their ECG DR4/ECG8:

Configuring the EthConGateway for use with LightShow Pro 1.8

This video starts with network configuration, then into plug-in config, then explains the channel addressing system in LSP and then how to add controllers. If you are new to LSP, this video is really a must to save you some serious time.

joeengler

Apprentice elf
Thanks Dave,

After going through this I was able to use the LSP test utility to control the lights. Does LSP support running the output in this mode like it does for regular controlers. I have no been able to get any output from the sequence.

dmoore

Senior elf
joeengler said:
After going through this I was able to use the LSP test utility to control the lights. Does LSP support running the output in this mode like it does for regular controlers. I have no been able to get any output from the sequence.

Excellent - if it works in the test utility within LSP, you can pretty much be sure it will work elsewhere within LSP. Two things you need to make sure of if you want to test a sequence -

* Make sure that the output is enabled in the upper left hand corner of the screen - I think's icon looks like a plug.
* Right click up in the section where your audio wave form is and then select the last option (forget what it is) and then optimize entire sequence.

That should get you go'n!

mschell

Full time elf
One more thing I've seen with LSP and E1.31. Sometimes the sequence gets "stuck". You can run lights all day with the testing utility, but when you run the sequence, no lights come on.

The one way I've been able to get around this is to optimize the entire sequence again. Use the "Maintenance" pulldown out of the waveform area, and have it do the optimize. It usually works after that.