Got so info on some lights that look different

bdeditch

Full time elf
I get a lot of offers from different vendors, but these are different. Here is there intro

Can be connected 15meters at one time without voltage drop[/size][/size]
[/size] and every LED with exactly the same brightness !
[/size] Also can be cut by every 10pcs LEDs. [/size] No resistor,nice looking,less potential problem !

I am attaching the info on them as well.

Attachments

• 20 April, 2012 (1).pdf
    156.5 KB · Views: 39

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
But do these come in RGB, seems like they are only offered in single colour.
The other issue i see is that these are constant current LEDs which wont work with the run of the mill voltage controllers like LOR DC, AVD48, Rays 27 DC which are used in the hobby, you would require a constant current DMX controller instead.
Please correct me if im wrong in my assumption.

bdeditch

Full time elf
I could not see them being the best for anything like LOR. I was just curious what people thought of them, I was trying to PM you the info, but I forgot there was no attachment allowed on the PM.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
The description is not all that clear in my opinion. You could take the "constant current" part to mean they require a CC controller or conversely that they incorporate CC circuitry in the strip to make them more independent of applied voltage.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
David_AVD said:
The description is not all that clear in my opinion. You could take the "constant current" part to mean they require a CC controller or conversely that they incorporate CC circuitry in the strip to make them more independent of applied voltage.

These seem to have no resistors or IC so looks like they are purely driven by an external constant current controller at 40 volts, they do come with a basic 110/240v power supply, the main issue i see with these is that there is no mention of RGB so not really a good option just based on that alone.