Gpio setup

matcat2000

New elf
Merry Christmas . Started into this mid year a year ago. I’m almost computer illiterate but I must say I’ve come a long way. I’m using a rpi4B+ a sainsmart 16 channel relay, With FPP and dumb LED lights. I’ve got music sequences from vixen that plays the music but does not control the lights. I think it’s both my FPP settings and gpio pin placement anyone able to guide me in the right direction

TerryK

Retired Elf
Well, first while SainSmart makes some nice products their documentation is not or at least certainly is not beginner oriented.

Putting FPP and Vixen aside for a moment, can you control the relays from elemental code? If the relays cannot be controlled via a simple relay on relay off segment of code then FPP doesn't stand a chance of functioning properly. Is your wiring correct? Are you aware of the RPi's 3.3 Volt outputs and the SainSmart's 5 Volt inputs? I'm not sure but I think the SainSmart uses a logical low for on, could that be a problem?

matcat2000

New elf
That’s just it I haven’t got that knowledge yet I wired my sainsmart as per what I could find as for the extra coding I didn’t go that way as I was on FPP
Well, first while SainSmart makes some nice products their documentation is not or at least certainly is not beginner oriented.

Putting FPP and Vixen aside for a moment, can you control the relays from elemental code? If the relays cannot be controlled via a simple relay on relay off segment of code then FPP doesn't stand a chance of functioning properly. Is your wiring correct? Are you aware of the RPi's 3.3 Volt outputs and the SainSmart's 5 Volt inputs? I'm not sure but I think the SainSmart uses a logical low for on, could that be a problem?

I have a secondary power source as per another feed I have the gpio pins set to another site I know of the 3.3 volt points but read not to use them. I didn’t try any other coding as I didn’t want to have any interference if that’s possible. I think it’s in the software like as in settings but wiring could be an issue Like I said 50 yrs old and only a mild computer rash

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.