Green led lights

I

indudio

Hey,

So I am seeking some advice of where to find some green led string lights. I am after about 10 sets of 200, pretty much like the big w ones.

I bought 4 sets of these in 2011.

I found a supplier in china and got 3 sets of test green led strings which were 100 LEDs ans 24volts. However these were only I channel (ie 1 + and 1 -). I have tried to communicate to numerous suppliers about having 2 negatives and even sent them pictures of the wiring diagram for the big s lights and they don't seem to understand.

The single channel ones are ok for most things, but I need the 2 channel ones for the house outline and roof.

I am planning on going to pixels next year, however I have about 40,000 LEDs all up and have already programmed 6 minutes of my 12 minute mega mix ( about 600 dmx channels this year), using vixen and as such don't have the time or money to switch.

I have also emailed my solar led. Have not had a response to my email.

So my options are:

1. Wait and hope big w have led green strings. Or another supplier like ok.com

2. Use all my multi colour string lights and put black electrical tape over all the non green LEDs.

3. Order lots more of the green led strings with 1 channel and double them up.

4. Beg to see if any awesome acl members who have moved into pixels have some green led sets they no longer need!

Gray_magic

The CLAP is highly infectous and incurable!!!
I would go with 2 sets.. Would give you a better grouping anyway. I just emailed this supplier
[font=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://top-atom.en.alibaba.com/product/429614421-212179120/24VDC_24VAC_input_for_Christmas_decor_LED_string_lights.html[/font]
[font=.HelveticaNeueUI][/size]I wanted to know how these are wired too. I am after some green aswell but I also need other colours. I'm keen to find out if we can get [/font]
[font=.helveticaneueui][/size]Lights similar to the big w stuff.. As i don't want to wait for big w to let us all down again when I get there and no green.[/font]
[font=.helveticaneueui]
The only thing with this supplier is the min order is 50 strings.[/font]

Gray_magic

UPDATE.
I just got on chat with this supplier and ordered one string to test. I had him send by airmail (cost a fair bit more) so I will get it within the week. I will let you know how I go comparing to big w strings. If all is good maybe we can group buy 50 or 100 strings in selected colours. They look similar to big w with 4 wires and we can choose the wire colour aswell. Around $4 a string for 10m so these would be half the price of big w strings. I just enquired with the supplier and shipping will be around $2 per string. Making this much cheaper than big w. big w $20 for 20m so $1/m. This supplier is $0.60/m

I will keep you all updated on how these strings are...

cooper88

New elf
Gray Magic,

Did you get the information on how these strings were wired. If you did could you share this detail with us. I am also thinking of ordering a sample after you get yours and if they are any good.

Cheers :)

Gray_magic

I will have them withing the week so when I get them I will let you know. I think the language barrier was a big hindrance so I want to have a look for myself. I will also be testing these strings with my current 30v power sources to control