Has anyone figured the RGB string/strip controllers from Way Wu?

jstjohnz

Apprentice elf
I have purchased 2 controllers from Ray Wu. The first was for the 6803-based pixel strips, the 2nd was supposed to be for the 3005 pixel strings.

The ones I am talking about are the stand-alone controllers, with several big red round pushbuttons on top and a slot for an SD card.

Well the first one never worked, just a solid error LED.

The second one, as I said, was suppose to be for 3005s, but instead came congigured for 2801s. It does control a string of 2801s, but all I have been able to make it do is cycle the full string through 7 colors and repeat.

I'm pretty sure this last controller can be configured to do 3005s since it has a 2nd string connection terminal strip with just A B and Gnd. But I suspect it needs a different file on the SD card, since the SDS car that came with it was marked '2801'.

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has one of these and has either figured out how to use it or has gotten some documentation from somewhere.

I really need this last one to do 3005 strings since my plan is to use it to help reverse-engineer that protocol.

FWIW, the file on the SD card for the 2801s is 00_1.led, and it's 1653kb.

Any help most appreciated.....

-jim-

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
All,

I removed the software post to their own thread as they in themselves bear discussion.

Were we are going with RGB Technology has highlighted an BIG Hole in software that lives above LSP but under Madrix in terms of pricing.

Jim

Get hold of Ray on Aliexpress in his chat, if you haven't already got the manuals as him to source them, it has been reported before that the unit with the big red button is not much good.

Cheers
Phil

jstjohnz

Apprentice elf
Phil,

I have had pretty good luck with Ray getting me the docs I need, but not with these controllers. The first one never worked, period, just a constant on ERROR led. The second one works but it's not configured for the 3005, which is what I ordered. I thought it would be easier to figure out the 3005 protocol if I had a functioning controller to hang on the logic analyzer.

By the way, the data sheet for the 2801 says it needs a 500us period of low clock to mark start/end of frame, but I am seeing that it needs 750us to be reliable. Have you noticed anything similar?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I didn't try 500us timing on the WS2801, as I didn't need the tight timing for my project. I used a min time of 4ms so no problem for me!

riri7707

Full time elf
Hi,
If you got this controller from Ray:

ommc1101aa.jpg

This is an ONUMEN product. Model MC-1101
Support SD card.
protocols embedded :
DMX512 out
SC16722, ZQL9712,74HC595,MBI5026
LPD6803,D705
WS2801,TM1803,TL3001, P9813

The choice of the protocol is made using LedEdit Player.

You choose the protocol you want from those available, you made your design, save to smartcard, then you plug it on the controller. Very easy... You can store a lot of files in the smart card and switch from 1 to other one.

Basic controller but works well offline...

Now, there is al so the MC-2100 who can work on-line (Ethernet Lan), and Off-line (Smart card) with 8 outputs who permits to connect up to 8192 pixels depending the protocol used.

Take care the prodcuts comes with blank smart card in most of cases or a very basic file (colors changing). Ask ray for the SW: Led Edit Player. Without it, you cannot do anything. the very good thing, this sw uses also AUTOCAD files, so you can really built complex standalone scenes very easily.
Hope this helps a little bit.

Henri

bdeditch

Full time elf
I have one of these, and have tried it out. I am impressed with it. I tried to use LED lITE but it does not recognize any of the files in the SD card. Anyone have any luck programming the card?

bobert

New elf
Hi I've had no issue programming these using the Onumen software. Make sure you choose the right controller and chipset when setting up. See here for my screen with the ws2801 chipset www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9rfSfOnlzs
I have also programmed up an LED vision curtain with a LPD6803 chipset.
I have just orderd the mc-2100, on line controller from Ray Wu so looking forward to getting that! :D

bdeditch

Full time elf
bobert said:
Hi I've had no issue programming these using the Onumen software. Make sure you choose the right controller and chipset when setting up. See here for my screen with the ws2801 chipset www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9rfSfOnlzs
I have also programmed up an LED vision curtain with a LPD6803 chipset.
I have just orderd the mc-2100, on line controller from Ray Wu so looking forward to getting that! :D
The link doesn't work.

bobert

New elf
Also, Try this site as it seems to have the newer software http://www.xinboled.com/list-201238673874.html
but you may need google translate, but the software does have english install.
It came with my new controller, the T-100k-B, aka Onumen om-mc-2100, and have to say the live capture is superb!

The Onumen MC-1100 controller on this site is called the T-1000 on this site. It might be the case the 2012LedEdit software only works with the T-1000, I havent tried it yet!