Have you used these? - IP68 Waterproof Cable Connector enclosure power

cdjazman

Full time elf
Hello all,

Am wondering if anyone has used the below on there enclosures?

ebay link

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 34

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
Dude
Get a licensed electrician to do the 240v bit for you.
life is worth living not save a couple of dollars.
Have you got family? Think about them.

cdjazman

Full time elf
Dude
Get a licensed electrician to do the 240v bit for you.
life is worth living not save a couple of dollars.
Have you got family? Think about them.

Ok think I have been a little misunderstood here.

I was thinking on an ammo box build that has a power lead coming in to a 12v power supply and being able to detach that cable for storage.

Attachments

• 20200429_223812.jpg
    20200429_223812.jpg
    676.1 KB · Views: 24

BooY

Topper Man
That sort of connector you will stuff up the terminals fairly quickly if you are connecting/disconnecting all the time, if you want to do that look a bulk head fitting like these for example
Connector Eg.jpg

If its for the mains side of it, you'll need an electrican to wire up an appliance outlet
app inlet.jpg

Last edited:

TerryK

Retired Elf
I've not used these exactly but something similar. Though speced at 250V 12 to 16A I would consider these as low signal devices. I'm not quite sure how you define ammo box but these should work all right at 12V. I would not shove much past 6 to 8 A through them. The wire clamps are small so AWG size cannot be very large and the screws being small as well can easily be damaged by over-tightening.

Regarding the 240V rating, unless specifically stated one must assume that voltage rating is Peak. Wall voltages are RMS and to convert to Peak one multiplies by 1.414. Thus the Peak Austrailian wall voltage is well over 300. A voltage beyond this devices rating. Working backwards, without better device specs, using this device with any voltage above 170VAC would be considered hazardous.