Having problems with my P2

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Hi all, Im stumped.

This is my 3rd P2 that I have for my matrix.

Matrix is 26x50 individually controlled (30IC/30led per meter). The first 13 lines are Output 1 (650px), the 2nd 13 lines are Output 2 (650px).

IMG_1852_zps44239146.jpg

I have power injection from every 2nd strip. Strips 1-13 from PowerSupply1, Strips 14-26 from PowerSupply2.

From the moment I turned them on all but 3 were working, strips 11-13.

I intially resoldered all the joins...nothing
Rewired the connectors that I have from power injection points to power supply
Triple-checked P2 config

P3stringconfig_zps4af5cd51.jpg

Data does appear to be going to the strip?
Stringstats_zpsb5703bf5.jpg

Power still appears to be going to strips as well as tested with multimeter.

We (alec spent time helping me out, thanks alec!!) tried going straight from #10 strip to #13 (have to skip 2 due to direction of strips), nothing. Tried going straight from #9 to #12, nothing. The last working strip is #10.

#11-13 have been out the whole time when part of the matrix.

However if taken away from the matrix and plugged directly into a P2 output, #12 & #13 work. Only strip #11 doesnt.

As this strip is each led has IC I tried at different sections along strip #11, still nothing.

Unfortunately I only have 1 spare bit left JUST long enough to replace it so decided to try that. That works directly from P2 output, but once again, once added to the matrix doesnt work.

I have swapped over the 2 x P2 data cables as well, put Output1 wiring into Output2, the same.

Pixels 501-650 will not work within the matrix.

Problem could possibly be #10 strip?

Tomorrow I will try and go from 9-12-13-10 just to see if it works.

An ideas anyone?

Update edit: I just hooked up PowerSupply1 that has P2 and power injection to #1-13. I had the new bit of strip + 12 & 13 hooked up and all 3 worked at the same time, first time Ive seen it. Thats a start, so will try the above 9-12-13-10 tmrw.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
k, now Im having software issues.

This is how I have my effects config setup in P2

effectsconfig2_zpsc12da6f0.jpg

String config is:

Stringconfig_zps2642f095.jpg

Unfortunately there are 2 areas where images etc dont come out right due to the universe ending in the middle of the 4th row.

That 4th row (#01D) starts in the middle, goes to the end, then starts at the beginning to the middle.

The same thing happens again of course at the end of the 5th universe (#05D).

This is obviously due to the reverse setup?

Is there a way around this?

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Doesnt sound to be away around this unfortunately :(

I have had to remove 2 x 50px lengths which now makes the matrix 24x50.

I could have swapped it out with a P12R but that has been completely setup for the Megatree so tree would need wiring setup for P2 instead, plus I would have to change over the jumpers for each controller and I may not have room on the tree for the star on top so.......

I removed the 2 strips and did some re-wiring. All going really well now :)

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Although you will be missing two strips, it still looks like a pretty cool matrix

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
I'm also about to build a 136x12 matrix with the 30LED/M individually controlled strip, via 2 x P2's too, so I guess I'm about to find out if I'll have the same problem! I'm also hoping I can run the full 4 universes per output.

I just won't be doing any effects on the P2, as my own software will map the matrix out accordingly.