Hello Everyone, Just another Newbie here

Ant035

New elf
I am was wondering if anyone knows where I could Purchase a complete starting Package, ie controller etc
that I could make a start on and expand as required?

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Welcome to ACL @Ant035 ,
There are some ready to run kits available from Falcon pixel controllers but they are not stocked in the Australian warehouse.
Falcon controllers site (USA stock) has them too but have stopped making them while demand is high.
Controller building vendors (Like CCL) will do Kulp and Falcon controller boxes as a kit or pre-built.

However, I am 90% you would not get one as a kit or pre-made this year.
Stock is running low on controllers, USA Falcon has sold out but AUS Falcon might have a few left.
Controller kit vendors in the USA are selling out quickly.

We're all annoyed about Covid-19 affecting the supply chain.
I suggest that you buy a controller when it becomes available and build the box. You learn how things are connected and can troubleshoot.
Email Falcon pixel controllers to ask if the Australian warehouse has any stock.

I do not intend to dampen your enthusiasm, I just want to mention the trouble that 2020/2021 has been with supply.
A cheap alternative to get some pixels going is an ESP32 or ESP8266 with WLED will run many pixels. Easy to make and will work well for a first year. ESP's are fairly common in electronics stores.
IF you have a lot of money to spend, AdvaTek lights in AU might have some kits in stock.

I wish you all the best at finding everything in stock this late in the year.

keithsw1111

Senior elf
You don’t say where you are. While as mark says supplies are limited there are companies that will sell you complete kits. Generally such kits are compromises. In the us wired watts, holiday coro and lor offer such packages but in those kits are often controllers with marginal reputations due to issues with flexibility or compatibility with other technologies.
If you are in aus it is way more challenging.

i13

Dedicated elf
I wouldn't bother with a starting package or any pixel controller sold as ready to run or plug and play. They tend to be expensive and they're just a controller (which is not yet configured) and power supply in a box. They don't take your own preferences or future plans into account. The majority of the time put into building a display is in tasks like building display items or sequencing so there's not much to save by buying something like this.

Ant035

New elf
I wouldn't bother with a starting package or any pixel controller sold as ready to run or plug and play. They tend to be expensive and they're just a controller (which is not yet configured) and power supply in a box. They don't take your own preferences or future plans into account. The majority of the time put into building a display is in tasks like building display items or sequencing so there's not much to save by buying something like this.
Thank you for the info

Ant035

New elf
Welcome to ACL @Ant035 ,
There are some ready to run kits available from Falcon pixel controllers but they are not stocked in the Australian warehouse.
Falcon controllers site (USA stock) has them too but have stopped making them while demand is high.
Controller building vendors (Like CCL) will do Kulp and Falcon controller boxes as a kit or pre-built.

However, I am 90% you would not get one as a kit or pre-made this year.
Stock is running low on controllers, USA Falcon has sold out but AUS Falcon might have a few left.
Controller kit vendors in the USA are selling out quickly.

We're all annoyed about Covid-19 affecting the supply chain.
I suggest that you buy a controller when it becomes available and build the box. You learn how things are connected and can troubleshoot.
Email Falcon pixel controllers to ask if the Australian warehouse has any stock.

I do not intend to dampen your enthusiasm, I just want to mention the trouble that 2020/2021 has been with supply.
A cheap alternative to get some pixels going is an ESP32 or ESP8266 with WLED will run many pixels. Easy to make and will work well for a first year. ESP's are fairly common in electronics stores.
IF you have a lot of money to spend, AdvaTek lights in AU might have some kits in stock.

I wish you all the best at finding everything in stock this late in the year.

Ant035

New elf
Thank you so much for the information, I will take it on board and maybe wait till next year