Hello Everyone!

yzguy96

Full time elf
Hi,
I'm a newbie who just bought 32 channels at Light-O-rama and plan to do at least 16 channels this year. Just started reading about RGB strips and love the idea of using them in my display especially around my windows so I dont have to run multiple strands of different colors. What do you guys use for RGB control with Light-o-rama? I want to buy some RGB strips soon so I can try it but too many options and I still need further reading to make sure I understand it correctly.

Thanks,

Pete

jediknight2

Full time elf
Your LOR boxes cant be used to control RGB. Most likely, your SOFTWARE can't even control RGB unless you buy LOR's DMX module. That is UNLESS you have the Advanced LOR Software version. At this point in the game...and being your first year I wouldn't throw RGB into the mix. However, IF you want to go forward, from my research, I could only recommend E1.31 controllers for RGB and purchases from Ray Wu. With E1.31 you would be using the network for transmitting control commands to the lights. First things first though, go into the RGB section and watch all the RGB videos! You MIGHT be able to do it...but sequencing is a bear! Throwing RGB into that mix its a HUGE BEAR!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the place to be friendly and informative.

I dare say that the 16 channel LOR board is an AC board which cant be used to run RGB lighting which uses low voltage DC boards. You would need an LOR DC board or else you can go and use DMX controllers instead which requires the advanced version of LOR S3 software.

If you havent already, then download the ACL 101 lighting manual which will give you drawings and examples of both dumb and intelligent RGB lighting.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome33.gif