Hello from Boise, Idaho USA

ssharpe83713

New elf
Hi and thanks for the great forum!

This is my first year with a light show, so I'm starting with a conservative setup (Arduino Mega controlling 100 WS2811 pixels in the form of a spiral tree with star topper and 32 relay channels to switch standard LED light strings using Vixen 3). After quite a bit of effort, it looks like I've finalized my Arduino code so I can concentrate on learning how to use each Vixen effect for my pixel tree (the relay channels are the easy part since they're just on or off)!

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL

keithsw1111

Senior elf
We should talk. I am also building arduino ws2811 controllers. Trying to drive 640 channels using parallel output to up to 8 strings of lights listening to up to 8 universes. It works well except my w5100 network card can't keep up. It will reliably receive 3 universes but the rest get dropped. I am currently waiting for some w5200 Ethernet cards from China with better Spi, burst mode support and twice the buffers to see if that helps. My arduino code has a couple of assembler routines for issuing the ws2811 data and transposing the e1.31 data into the ws2811 format so I can bit bang it out to 8 lines at once.