Hello from Castle Hill NSW

bigdave

New elf
Hi to all

I have been tinkering with cut out characters and lights for over 25 years. Some of my current displays including rope light characters are that old but have lasted the distance over time and two locations in Sydney.
I started with some elves cut from ply and lit with garden lighting and it just grew from there firstly with bulb strings of course and in recent times the Led evolution. These days I have a small flat front yard but Christmas 2019 saw me erecting a 6x4 archway, using a system of 3m poles to gain height, over 25 Led trees of various sizes, over 14 6x3 nets, 12 waterfall nets and around 20 strings of icicles and standard blinking strings and a few specialty pieces enhanced by 12 or so fixed or rope light characters.
My challenge is to modernise the display as most of the animation is old and motorised. I wish to embark on a journey using new tools to replace and enhance what I have already.

Cheers

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Dave. CHeckout the 101 manual and have a good read to get up to speed on all things computer controlled animated lighting :)
If you cant find the answers in the forums feel free to ask a question in the chatroom.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Welcome. I'm a long way down the road in Lithgow, but there are some great local displays and heaps of members are willing to help you with your change to your display