Hello from Eagle ID. I have been bitten by the RGB bug

Chris Price

New elf
Hello All,

I have gotten bitten by the RGB lighting bug. I think I jumped in with both feet. I started my journey just about 2 weeks ago. I have 6000 Pixels on order from Ray. They will be here next week. Almost a week after Thanksgiving and I’m building like mad. I’m gonna start with 1 18 foot Megatree plus 1 12 foot Megatree, some mini trees. A few arches, eave C7 pixels. 2 light poles. 1 window matrix. 1 larger wreath, 2 spinners, 6 flakes, and a few canes possibly. I know ! It’s a chunk to bite off so late in the season. I knew nothing about RGB two weeks ago. I don’t think I even knew what RGB stood for. Well... two weeks later and I feel like I have come a long ways, thanks to Keith Westley and Jeff Lacey’s videos. However I can say that the info is still very spread out. There really doesn’t seem to be one source of info that will walk you step by step through the process. But anyhow. I let you know how it goes in the next two weeks when I go to hang everything and build on the props. I feel like I have a pretty solid grasp on power injection, and cabling so I hope to bypass a lot of newbie issues. I’m in software so the networking part wasn’t too bad. However the sequencing is a bit difficult. Maybe difficult isn’t the word. Maybe time consuming is better. If I don’t make my runs too long, keep my connections solid and pay attention to my models I am hoping, ...and praying for that matter that things will go smoothly.
Happy Thanksgiving to all! Can’t wait to see all the videos.

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL. Sounds like you have your hands full for the next month or two. My suggestion is start small and build from there next year. Things will take a lot more time than you think. Especially the first year. Most people with displays like you plan on building have been working on it all year. Be realistic with your goals for this years display. Drop by chat if you have any questions/problems. Chat was a life saver for me my first year. Happy Thanksgiving! Best of luck!