Hello from Iowa

KSaliga

New elf
My wife and I have had plans to wire up the house permanently with LED lights, with the ability to change functions for different holidays. We stumbled upon your site for a different reason, but seeing all the resources available here has lit a fire under us! I see quite a bit of research and learning for us in the upcoming months. :)

For now, we have an arbor that we've strung a 100 meter LED light set onto, which has a multifunction controller. Unfortunately, we'd like it to be solid all the time, but when the timer kicks on, it reverts to the first mode, which is an annoying array of blinking, taking away from the serene garden setting that it's currently in. It appears to be a two-wire setup. On the circuit board, the power goes in (labeled + and -, of course), and the lights connect to Vo1 and Vo2, which I'm assuming are the different voltages. Therefore, if I try to bypass the controller, I only get every-other light turning on. I found a page on this site that addresses this, but the Hanson board recommended looks like it's meant for controlling the functions, whereas I just want to bypass them altogether. If anyone has recommendations for me on how to do this, I'd appreciate it tremendously. Also, if this isn't the right forum for this, I'm happy to remove it - just let me know. For reference, it is a ZOIC 500 LED light set.

Thanks everyone!

kinglights

Full time elf
Welcome to ACL. Very pleased you have a renewed passion for lights after finding this site.. Lots of great people will to help and answer question..

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL!
Plenty of info through the forums which is pretty simple to search, or you can always start your own thread with your specific questions, or even jump into the chat room. There's always someone around