Hello from Kansas!

magii

Apprentice elf
Hey all!

New here, been at the animated lighting for three years now. Was a fair regular over on PC before Chuck went on his dictatorial rampage, left out of principle. I enjoy making things and much of my display is from scratch. If you can buy it off the shelf, I'm not really interested. We are looking to convert much if not all of the display to RGB control next year. This year we were 232 channels on D-Light hardware and programmed with LOR, considering LSP but haven't heard good things. Everything in the show is four colors currently. For more on us check out www.lightuplawrence.net

Zach

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL. Well when it comes to RGB and pixels you have come to the right place, a lot of our members including me have used RGB to great use this year. Now geared with 2010 knowledge 2011 should be a much easier year to take on RGB for eveyone.

magii

Apprentice elf
Thanks guys, I have a fair ammount of the display already RGB or RGB+W. We ran 8 Mighty Mini LED Floods and 4 firefli strings. All the rest of the display is OTS strings, but everything is four colors. I am planning on a 30' tall mega for next year and want to make it RGB, don't know yet if I care if it's individually addressable. At the least I would be happy with just RGB Strings that don't require a $1000 investment in additional controllers. I have no experience with DMX but am willing to give it a shot. Most people say it isn't as daunting one you get into it. Hopefully you all are wise enough to guide me along the way. Thanks for the welcome!

Zach

magii

Apprentice elf
"Clair De Lune" - Light Up Lawrence, 2010

Here is one of the videos from this year, probably best illustrates my style and capabilities with the current setup. The strings off the end of the house are what I want to change for next year. I can build off the top of the chimney, I'd like to go about 30' up with ten sections across and three sections up and down. Kind of a cross between a traditional mega tree and a z tree. I know that individually addressable would solve that problem but I'm not sure I can handle the programming.

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Zach

Welcome,

My Megatree this year was never going to be individual addressable but was going to be RGB sections about 700mm long each.

As i got towards the end of the year it actually became easier and quicker to do it as individual pixels even though it cost more

Phil