Hello from new Los Angeles, Ca. member

Shubb

But mine goes to 11!!
Hello everybody. Wanted to say "Hi" and introduce myself.
My name is Scott Hubbard and I have been doing a Christmas display for 6 years. First year was 1-16 channel LOR controller and now I am using 30-16 channel controllers.

Just started taking the leap into RGB and pixels.
I'm currently using LOR S3, but am seriously looking into switching over to Light Show Pro and J1sys controllers.

I've been scrolling through the forums for a few weeks now and am overwhelmed with the amount of knowledge being shared here. A big thanks for all that post help and tutorials!!

Scott

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, im glad your finding the info here helpful, feel free to ask any questions and come into the chat room as well, lots of helpful guys there as well.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome Scott
It's great to see another LOR user here. If you're looking at branching out from LOR then popping into chat gives you a major running start and can save you a lot of reading

oldmanfathertime1000

Computers, music, audio, video, electronics
Welcome, from another US guy. This is the place I have found to teach me the most of all the forumns I have been on. I came here only knowing LOR, but now have a very great understanding of DMX & E1.31.... You get a lot of all your questions answered in the chat room by a fantasic bunch of guys that have been there & done that. They don't try to push you into what they are doing, but will give you the answers to what you are asking & how you are doing it. Jump in & pick their minds in the chat room. Be careful though, they sometimes get carried away with their AU slang. They don't mean any harm, they are just proud to be up-side down in life....

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Hiya Scott welcome to ACL great to see another coming across to the "dark side" - LSp is great and J1sys stuff is great too, wouldn't use anything else

neilric99

Full time elf
welcome to the brightside Scott.
Scott tells me that he is holding a meeting of users in the LA area mid June and other SO Cal members can attend, sounds like its mainly LOR focused, but hopefully some of us in the area can attend and enlighten them to the brightside 8)

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome47.gif

Shubb

But mine goes to 11!!
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Yes, I guess you could say I am "bi-curious". I am currently using LOR software and products, but the LSP and E1.31 is tempting me to..... let's call it, the "other" side.
I looked through a lot of posts on the LOR forum to learn about RGB and most people's comments were
"Go look on the AusChristmas site."
And so far this forum has been a big help.

I am hosting a Get-Together in June. I had met a lot of other LOR users that saw my display and we talked about organizing a meeting. It is not just strictly for LOR users and products, but the hobby in general. If there are some local enthusiast in the area that are interested in coming, please feel free to message me.

Again, thank you for all the valuable info, and I hope to be able to throw some input in here shortly.

Scott

Bird

LOR user
Welcome.gif

to ACL Scott

3rd year LOR user here.

RGB pixel control is getting close with LOR as well.

Just picked up 4 more CCR's this afternoon. :)

As you have already seen there is lots of info here for low voltage and RGB lighting options. There is a lot you may not have seen yet do to the huge amount of info in the forums & wiki.

Don't be afraid to ask anything. The only dumb question is the one you didn't ask that may have saved you money and/or time. :)