Hello from NZ

Xmas Beans

New elf
Welcome to the forum

You'll probably find that 60 LEDs per metre is more trouble than it is worth. This is alright because you're just doing a small-scale test. 30 LEDs per metre is plenty and you might even want to run that below 100% brightness. Assuming that you keep the brightness setting the same, increasing the pixel density will increase the power injection requirements and the number of power supplies that you need.
Do you know about power injection? You'll need it if you want to run a continuous 12-metre length of 5 volt strip.

If you're able to get the MeanWell RSP-320-5 at a similar price, I'd recommend that instead of the LRS-350-5.
Hi i13.

I'm keen to give it all a go and as I'm doing a permanent install in my lounge using 45 degree Ali channel with diffusers I think the 60 density will look nicer, give me more scope for learning and playing with effects. also I don't see me running them past about 25% brightness, Ive seen some in home demos with them around the 25-30% and thats more than enough at that density. its more about the smooth look and ability to play with effects at that density for me.

Yes I understand power injection, and again more than happy to run as many as needed, its all learning, its all practice.

Thank you re; the MeanWell, I will look into the RSP-320-5

Im keen to learn but in the same respect I never choose something easy to learn with.. as it is I am completely holding myself back from literally just jumping straight in and trying to config a mega tree xD

Last edited:

Xmas Beans

New elf

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
OMG 🤩 I just showed my Husband your vid... first off he said... NO.. No... n..... then he watched and ended with... they need some on the carport roof 😂😂😂

Very impressive, that would be an awesome display to witness.

I think I'm being pretty conservative with my 12m 60L/pm install now 🤣
Sadly you can't see the car port roof from the ground. It's where a lot of control boxes hide because it's easy to get to :D

fugley

Apprentice elf
Welcome to ACL @fugley !

What prices are you getting at from Element14? I saw $97, Mouser/Arrow is about $70 with DHL shipping.
was $78 each at the time for 5v / 60A and took less the a week to turn up ( DHL shipping )

be WARNED tho this came from there aus stock ... ordered at the same time and still waiting was 100m of wire for power injection which is coming from there UK stock ... 3 weeks later its almost here .... there stock location is in the top right of the page when viewing the item

chris3453

New elf
was $78 each at the time for 5v / 60A and took less the a week to turn up ( DHL shipping )

be WARNED tho this came from there aus stock ... ordered at the same time and still waiting was 100m of wire for power injection which is coming from there UK stock ... 3 weeks later its almost here .... there stock location is in the top right of the page when viewing the item
I purchased an LRS-350-5 a few weeks ago from element14 (NZ site, NZ address on invoice so I think insurance will be fine) cost $79 plus GST. Arrived from Aus stock in just over a week.

fugley

Apprentice elf
I purchased an LRS-350-5 a few weeks ago from element14 (NZ site, NZ address on invoice so I think insurance will be fine) cost $79 plus GST. Arrived from Aus stock in just over a week.
yip same deal here ...
i just should of known better ... the so called NZ site is just a subdomain of the main site and the stock location is what you should really be looking at

FYI
Available for back order
5 more will be available on 15/11/22
More stock available week commencing 9/01/23

going to be a world wide problem for just about anything electronic

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
the so called NZ site is just a subdomain of the main site and the stock location is what you should really be looking at
This goes for all of their sites. It's a single system that knows where the stock is located so that when you order they'll pool from the various warehouses as needed to fulfill the order.

element14 (NZ site, NZ address on invoice so I think insurance will be fine)
Yep. E14 manage the 'import' for you as an internal stock transfer to their local location, then it ships to you from there - They've already collected local GST from your purchase and they will also cover any import duties etc.