Hello from Tassie

Conrad

New elf
Hello all
This is my first year doing Christmas lights and it’s fair to say I’ve caught the bug 😂

I’ve used a truckload of Bunnings lights this year but I wasn’t ever fully happy with what I purchased and the lack of customisation. So after some digging on the internet I’ve ended up here.

After reading thru a fair amount of the forum and the 101 manual I’ve decided to go 12V Rgb/pixel. I’m still wrapping my head around controllers and all that so expect a fair amount of dumb questions from me in the near future 😂

I will be doing as much homework in the next month or so as I can then it will be time to start buying and making my setup ready for next Christmas!

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Conrad.
Mini's are mini expos or meet-ups where our members get together and share techniques, tips & tricks of the hobby, show off new props, troubleshoot issues and just have a general chat and meet like-minded blinky enthusiasts.

Agree with Keith, save your $$ for a little longer and do your research first before spending. It can be an expensive hobby but with a bit of planning, you can make informed decisions and purchase gear that will last a number of years and futureproof for expansion in the future.

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
Hi Conrad, which part of the state are you in, there is some ACL members in Hobart, Launceston and the North West who may be kind enough to give you a quick walk thru their displays which are currently set up etc.

Re: TAS mini , a mini is a small group of local lighting enthusiasts that have a get together to discuss lots of lighting related topics. There was one in Launceston last year around April.

Also check out some of the ACL mini video presentations from a couple of years ago as they contain heaps for great info.

This is a great video presentation down a couple of years by Daryl as it also makes reference to the ACL 101 Manual

View: https://youtu.be/N64x5BjtOaM

Conrad

New elf
Thanks for the info on the mini guys. Definitely seems like a good idea to wait for the next one so I will do that. Is the Tassie mini generally early in the year?

I’m on the North West Coast in Wynyard @LawrenceDriveLights not too far from you

justintas

New elf
Thanks for the info on the mini guys. Definitely seems like a good idea to wait for the next one so I will do that. Is the Tassie mini generally early in the year?

I’m on the North West Coast in Wynyard @LawrenceDriveLights not too far from you
Hi Conrad, Welcome aboard this journey, I'm in Wynyard and happy to share / show what I'm doing I have a stack of props sitting around at the moment that we are taking into Burnie on Friday for the Christmas festival @LawrenceDriveLights is a great contact and really helpful. Will send you a PM with contact details.
Cheers J