Hello from Wollongong NSW

2FREEQ

hi all, i have been setting up "normal" christmas light displays for 4 years now and im thinking next year i would to go animated and do something different. any suggestions on where i should be shopping for controllers and such? thanks in advance for any feedback.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Hi Paul and welcome to ACL. :)

There's a few ways you can go with an animated display. It all depends on what you already have (and want to reuse), what you'd like to achieve and how much money you want to throw at it! :D

2FREEQ

i have a heap of LED rope, string and icicle lights from my displays now. i would be trying to reuse some of those but im looking at buying mostly rope light and colour changing flood lights etc. any suggestions where to get these from? i live near Eddie from on here and love his display in Albion Park. im looking at buying a "ready to go" set but the more i research the more im tempted to have a go at a DIY set.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Hello Paul, Welcome to ACL. I live just down the freeway from you at Albion Park and I have just started my show up last night, so feel free to come by and I can give you a bit of a behind the scenes look and give you any advice you need.

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
If you want to go down the DIY route, you can convert some items (like Big W strings) to work with DC controllers.

You can buy DC controllers off the shelf, or if you're good with a soldering iron there's a few designs out there you can build yourself.

Feel free to ask questions in the forum or pop into chat any time. There's lots of people willing to help.

2FREEQ

ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Hello Paul, Welcome to ACL. I live just down the freeway from you at Albion Park and I have just started my show up last night, so feel free to come by and I can give you a bit of a behind the scenes look and give you any advice you need.

Ill take you up on that offer. your lights are awesome and would love to see how you have it setup. are your lights on tonight? if so i might come and have a look.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome50.png