Hello, i am from GFLAI

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Hi @gflai the xlights program http://xlights.org/ can control any type of DMX device, either via a USB to DMX converter like the DMX King or any of the other devices like that. xlights can also control DMX devices via many of the WS 2811 LED pixel controllers we use as they have a DMX output connector on them.

I used xlights to control the DMX wristbands you sell - see review and demo

gflai

New elf
@OzAz nice to see you herer , now i got the helpping from Jay, the 3 lines led copper string lights is working with xlights , it is amazing. thanks so much @Jay.S
it is not 2811 SMD lights, we called it as led copper string lights or led fair lights, we use 0.38CM wire, it is new technology.

Attachments

• 49C6D0E92A5AFBB9002E927DDF1065C2.jpg
    49C6D0E92A5AFBB9002E927DDF1065C2.jpg
    745.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 506411D6D2AD5D6F859C8D3CE492488B.jpg
    506411D6D2AD5D6F859C8D3CE492488B.jpg
    787.7 KB · Views: 31

Jay.S

Full time elf
@OzAz nice to see you herer , now i got the helpping from Jay, the 3 lines led copper string lights is working with xlights , it is amazing. thanks so much @Jay.S
it is not 2811 SMD lights, we called it as led copper string lights or led fair lights, we use 0.38CM wire, it is new technology.

Thanks for the kind words @gflai. So I have seen these things in action because I helped Tim to set them up. They may not be WS2811 ICs, they work exactly the same and it looks really good. If you are one of those people that is bothered by the fact that bullet or square nodes just don't look like regular Christmas/fairy lights, these strings may well be for you. 5V only (for fairly obvious reasons)...

Jay.S

Full time elf
The 3 wire ones, as far as I know, are really similar in looks to the 3 wire ones that are addressable as if they are WS2811. I wouldn't put 12mm bullets on my Xmas tree in the living room. I will certainly consider these.

i13

Dedicated elf
Judging by the pictures of them turned off, these have the same appearance as LED seed lights. Am I right that you're saying there are now 3-wire addressable (equivalent to 5V WS2811) lights that look like seed lights?

Is there a version with stranded wire?

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I have some of the stranded wire ones and they look quite good.

The wires are somewhat fragile though and I suspect that these "copper wire" versions may be the same.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
would be nice to see both types and see them programmed and checked for strength and weatherproof.
Could be a good thing to bring both types to minis (assuming we get to have them this year)

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
Judging by the pictures of them turned off, these have the same appearance as LED seed lights. Am I right that you're saying there are now 3-wire addressable (equivalent to 5V WS2811) lights that look like seed lights?

Is there a version with stranded wire?

Here's a version with stranded 3 wire, got them at the beginning of 2020 after buying a few test strings and seeing how cool they were.
You do need to be careful with how tight you fold them around things, i.e using cable ties etc can squish the wires and cause issues, they are insulated but I don't feel that they are insulated very well
The video is a little washed out as these run at 100% to be visible from outside through semi tinted windows

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Yeah, I found that the insulation of the stranded ones is wafer thin.

So much so that I've decided not to use them in those candy canes.

The copper wire ones may be ok as long as you don't bend them around too much.