Hello, new member from Sydney

Stirlo

New elf
Hi All,

Just starting my jounrney into christmas lights, been wanting to do something for a long time and this year my wife and I had baby girl I have a good excuse :)
Looking to use led pixels and have alot of research to do before first show next year.

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Best thing you can do at this time of year is find someone nearby and visit their display and ask questions and get them to show you how it all works.

I would also read the 101 manual and check out the videos on acl and at videos.xlights.org even if you choose to use another sequencer.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL Stirlo!
As Keith says, now is the time to watch, learn and research in readiness for next year :)

Stirlo

New elf
Plan on using xlights just received a f48 and some differential receivers from daryl, and have some orders for some pixel strips for my gutters. But dont think these will arrive anytime soon unfortunately.
Read the 101, although still have a few questions with regards to power injection and in pa

Been watching an unhealthy amount of youtube, some really good vids finding the behind the scenes videos really helpful.
If anyone in sydney would like to give me a tour of their setup would be really interested to see something in person.

keithsw1111

Senior elf
I’m in kellyville. There are a bunch down campletown way (our road trip is heading down that way on the 15th). There are also a bunch up the central coast and then just a couple in the rest of Sydney.

AJ240

Up and running for 2019. Kick off Sun 1st 8pm
Darylc, Binny and myself are heading down campbelltown way to visit displays. We did lithgow and richmond last year.
Put me on your list Keith. I am in Narellan Vale. Would love some constructive opinions on my first setup. I have posted a YouTube video of the first night sequence of the greatest showman to give you a teaser...

View: https://youtu.be/RHKpk7Xxh14

Stirlo

New elf
Just checked tracking on the led strips i ordered should be here tomorrow, thinking i might try and at least do along my gutters,
I already have the f48 controller, will need to hot wire a few things but should be able to get it to happen this year for a start :)

Stirlo

New elf
So got my lights and conotroller and managed to get some up and running on the house. don't be too judgemental this is litterally selecting random effects and I only have 5 x 5m strips lol
https://photos.app.goo.gl/q3qG6vGHEPEo7Gb58
Very basic, I didnt intend to do anything this year but i managed to make something with what I had. Wish I had ordered more lights first time :( wanted to make sure I could get things to work before over commiting though :)
In the video, I actually had the setup for the tree all wrong, it was just copying the gutter line. which actually looks pretty cool i thought complete acident though.
Now I have the tree setup correctly I can't manage to get it to do similar paterns I really liked the way it curled up and down the tree, is there a way to do this in xlights?