Hello

Cam154

New elf
Hi really excited but very overwhelmed about how and where to start. Dont want to buy a equipment to find that its then the wrong equipment.

Dreamin

Full time elf
It is very overwhelming. I think seeing it first hand, by checking out someones display is best, it helps you get your head around it. Ask questions as Keith said, lots of New folk here (it's my first year) and soooo much to learn. I can tell you that once you have those lights on, it's amazing!

TerryK

Retired Elf
Welcome to ACL.

I would suggest starting with ACL's 101 Manual. After that browse ACL's forum posts and Wiki. Questions can also be placed in the Chat Room. Too, there are videos on YouTube. The Canispater Christmas videos I think are pretty good which have a beginner's perspective; a hands on hardware approach mostly.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Welcome to ACL. Plenty of info on the site to get you started, and a few members out East who may be able to help also, just ask :)

abundy

Full time elf
Eastern suburbs Ringwood North
Hey Cam.
I am on the border of Donvale/Donc east so not far from you.
I will be putting up my display (assuming some numpties dont create another covid cluster) starting Nov 26.
If you want to see how it all goes up and connects/what hardware looks like etc, just let me know.

Jim