Hello,

Edward Brum

New elf
I have a question about power injection. Will it hurt to have power injection closer than 50 rgbs away for 5 volt or closer than 100 rgbs away for 12 volt? Meaning some ended up being about 10 to 20 rgbs away.. ugh

I have another question about running my show, is it better to get a pi player to run my show or will my computer be just fine?

Thanks for any input,, Ed

CargoLights

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
It won't hurt anything to over power inject, especially if you do it correctly and break the positive connection between injection points. Otherwise, you are doubling up fuses.

As for the question of whether it's better to use xSchedule or FPP to run your show, I'm going to make some popcorn and wait to see how this plays out. There are people with strong opinions both ways, but my personal opinion is you should do whatever is easiest for you. If you have a Windows box sitting around, maybe use xSchedule. If you have a Pi sitting around, or if you go with BB controllers that can run the show themselves, maybe use FPP.

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
As CargoLights mentioned no such thing as too much power injection. Personally I use a pi and FPP. Either FPP or xSchedule will work fine. xSchedule might be an easier option if you want to keep things simple. If you have questions you can always jump into chat. Somebody is usually lurking in there

Edward Brum

New elf
It won't hurt anything to over power inject, especially if you do it correctly and break the positive connection between injection points. Otherwise, you are doubling up fuses.

As for the question of whether it's better to use xSchedule or FPP to run your show, I'm going to make some popcorn and wait to see how this plays out. There are people with strong opinions both ways, but my personal opinion is you should do whatever is easiest for you. If you have a Windows box sitting around, maybe use xSchedule. If you have a Pi sitting around, or if you go with BB controllers that can run the show themselves, maybe use FPP.
If I'm correct, the positive wire only needs to be broken when i change power supplies, but I keep all grounds together.

I'm running a Falcon F16v3 from my laptop, this will be my first year to get it going...fingers crossed.

Thanks Ed

Edward Brum

New elf
As CargoLights mentioned no such thing as too much power injection. Personally I use a pi and FPP. Either FPP or xSchedule will work fine. xSchedule might be an easier option if you want to keep things simple. If you have questions you can always jump into chat. Somebody is usually lurking in there
Thanks , I might get the pi player next year, spent to much this year already.