Hello

kiwi

New elf
Hello, I am Kiwi from Auckland, New Zealand and I have been bitten by the Christmas Lighting bug. I hear there is no cure and that it gets progressively worse but with your help I hope to get through it without too much pain. [SIZE=small]This illness is fairly new to New Zealand but the numbers are growing rapidly. [/SIZE][SIZE=small]I am excited to be here, to learn, to chat and to share what I can so fewer New Zealanders will have to suffer, Cheers.[/SIZE]

Habbosrus

Back again
G'day Kiwi, welcome to ACL mate. You've come to a great place for information and inspiration. There are a bunch of fantastically clever and helpful people here. If you haven't already found it, the 101 manual is a great place to start (& re-visit multiple times). Hope you enjoy your new addiction.

Eastwood16G

Full time elf
Hi Kiwi, and from NZ .. who would have thought. I don't think you'll get cured of C.L.A.P. here. Wait to you get addicted to WS2811 pixels. :D

davrus

Silent elf
Hi Kiwi.

I am also new to this addiction. This forum is a great place to get answers to your questions, and to discover questions that you haven't thought of yet !

I'm finding that my biggest problem is finding affordable "building" components here in NZ. Stuff like PEX tubing is so expensive that it is beyond my budget (once you even can find a supplier). Even PVC tubing is not cheap, oddly enough. So I am having to revise my original design, to use things that I can afford. Who would have thought that tubing/pipe for a pixel string will cost more than the LEDs !

I had told my partner that we could do this for $x ... and now I am going to have to have a new discussion to explain why it will cost twice as much !

There are a few Kiwis here on the forum, so plenty of people willing to help anytime you have a question, and they may be close enough so you can "pop over". (Suggestion, add your location into your profile)

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome59.gif