Help DMX Snow Machine not working F16V3

rustybiker69

New elf
Hi,
I picked up a snow machine that has a DMX input ( it also has a corded remote). I am trying to get it to work, but am struggling with the DMX setup.
My setup is a FPP PI player connected to F16V3. I have the rj45 lead connected to the serial port 3 on the F16V3 and this run to a rj45 to 3 pin plug in the Snow machine DMX port.
in Xlights I have set up the snow machine as DMX General model, 1 channel, the Controller connections are port 3, dmx channel 240. When I upload to the controller I get port 3 set to start address 243. I have set the DMX dipswitch to 243 using this calculator. If I use test mode in the F16 the machine does not start.
I made a small sequence that runs the DMX model for 30 seconds and tried to run that, and the machine does not work.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong here
please help

thanks

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 3.20.49 pm.png

Screenshot 2023-12-16 at 3.21.20 pm.png

Last edited:

DavidJ247

Full time elf
Just a thought, snow machines will typically have at least two channels (fan and pump) and often both need to be active for the machine to work. If the test mode on the controller steps through single channels such as r,g,b the unit may not respond. Does the F16V3 have a test mode with all channels @full?
Can you clarify, is the machine working with the sequence, just not working in test mode?

rustybiker69

New elf
All thanks for your reply. Sorry the Snow machine does not work with the sequence. Will try with more than 1 channel active and see what happens.