Help DMX strings not displaying all lights

prontoheal

New elf
Hi everyone I know what type of crazy person am I throwing out lights mid December, but here I am. So this morning I found a Pixcon16 sitting around in the garage an dI thought to myself I can set this up today. My current setup is full LOR with no DMX.

So after watching some videos I configured the Pixcon16 to an IP address and and assigned it to a DMX universe. I also set upthe lights to have 50 pixels per output. When I tested the lights I could see all of the lights turn on.

I then ensured the controler was using 16 universes. placed it into my LOR software no problems, but when I set my sequences to it the first string full lights up and then half og the next string will light up then for the next string the other half will light up right up to pnly a couple of lights working for the string.

I am just wondering did I set the pixels per output to low for the output? or something else.

Apart from this I had no problems incorpating DMX into my LOR lights show.

Thanks

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Why did you set the outputs to 50 pixels?
Can you post pics of the Pixcon config and also whatever you can share of the LOR settings?

prontoheal

New elf
I counted how many RGB bulbs i had in the string which was a 50 and added thinking that was the right number I am prob wrong.

Attached are some of the screen shots of the pixcon config including the LED setup as well. Also the prop setup from the LOR v5.6.10 software I am using.

Thanks.

At worst I have all year next year to fault find these out.

Adam

Attachments

• dmx universes.png
    dmx universes.png
    72.4 KB · Views: 4
  • pixcon leds.png
    pixcon leds.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 4
  • pixconcontrol.png
    pixconcontrol.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 3
  • prop definition.png
    prop definition.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 4
  • prop layout.png
    prop layout.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 3

MikeKrebs

Full time elf
Use da_tester or similar to send data to each channel and see how the controller is mapping your data?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Nothing looks wrong to me in the screenshots. Is the strip 12V perhaps with each pixel actually being 3 leds? Turn on 1 pixel at a time from 1 through to 50 and see if you can diagnose where things go wrong.