Help get me over the line

bbayjohn

Senior elf
gerry said:
Hi John,

You should create a separate post because folks may not see your request in the middle there . I accidentally saw it as I was scrolling down to reply to Alan. Cant afford to lose votes !
Thanks Gerry I didn't want to seem too pushy. I'm sure that others would like us to vote for them also. So I will keep it here for now. Thank you to all that have voted for me on http://2ec.com.au/win/45854-south-coast-show-us-your-christmas-lights Lights on Irene and over at Alans link in the first post. Hope everyone's displays are running smoothly and you all have a fantastic Christmas

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
As always I've failed in my bid to get a computer controlled lights as the winner of the Bendigo lights comp. The winner was the same winner as last year and was also the only local lights that got written up in the paper for the month of Decmeber. http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/2782459/back-to-back-lights-win/?cs=80 . I did however make it into the Bendigo Advertiser "video" with my house/lights appearing at 1:31 to 1:47 and 1:56 to the end http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/story/2775671/merry-christmas-to-our-readers-and-clients-video/?cs=2603

Thanks to all that voted for me.

Alan

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Geez really!! They should do what our local area does and eliminate previous year winners from the competition.

Really....once you've won it, what buzz is it to win again.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
Sorry Alan, I know the feeling. Once had 100k+ lights in my yard and the winner had some lights around their pillars. Found out the woman judging took her 2 kids and got them to pick the ones they liked. Sucks but hey lots enjoyed my lights. ;)

mborg10

Michael Borg
nzlongfellow said:
Sorry Alan, I know the feeling. Once had 100k+ lights in my yard and the winner had some lights around their pillars. Found out the woman judging took her 2 kids and got them to pick the ones they liked. Sucks but hey lots enjoyed my lights. ;)
I heard 2 kids about 7 yrs old at the shops arguing whose lights were better, my lightshow or the the ones up the street. What would kids know anyway. Mine was clearly the best haha

But seriously though I don't enter Christmas lights comps cause the best never wins and I hate to lose.

mangoat

Full time elf
ohh, the one sided competition thing, well, that happens in EVERY town.

here too, 1 guy had a "can't be beaten display", but well, in what was discovered as an inside the judges friends loop, the judges friend claimed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes on 3 separate houses decorated by him and his family.

the judge let them decorate their house too.

that was my first entry into the local competition in the newbies category, i lost that to a old POS car parked in the front yard with 4 strings of lights around it, a santa sitting in the drivers seat and some icicles on the roof.

wasnt happy jan, but hey, cant beat the competition if they are p***ing in peoples pockets.

all we can do is be happy with what we have, and do it for the sake of the kids and their families at a happy time of year.

enjoy it all and lets get 2015 rolling on already :p

cheers
goat

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Just wanted to Say thanks that all that voted for me. I won :D
Now I can afford to update with a you beaut radio transmitter.
Thanks Guys
IMAG0073_BURST002_COVER_zpswqhh8jju.jpg

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Well done John.
In addition to a transmitter make sure that you make up a nice sized "tune to" sign or run the details over your matrix regularly.