Help Needed with CCR setup

jeromej

Newbee, and learning the hard way!!!
Hi Paul

sorry about the delay

I have been tring to find my drawings with no luck.
I will get around to redrawing them over the next week or two.
Free time is pretty tight at the moment so I'm sorry about the delay.

:)

john_s_sub

Apprentice elf
jeromej said:
Hi Paul

sorry about the delay

I have been tring to find my drawings with no luck.
I will get around to redrawing them over the next week or two.
Free time is pretty tight at the moment so I'm sorry about the delay.

:)

Jeromej - I am also about to kick off the process to build a 12ccr tree. Got the CCR in the cupboard and currently going through the design process to build the frame. Like the concept of a rigid structure. Definitely would like to get some hints with a sketch when you get around to it.

Also when you refer to four networks are they all running off one PC ie 4 USB ports? Thanks

john_s_sub

Apprentice elf
Still needs to be re-positioned but first shot after some hours of work. First test in a week. Oh, and need a star :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347800269.839387.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347800269.839387.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 53

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
looking great John, i made mine a bit thinner than yours due to my limited space, but will be a great effect. Looks like you built yours very similar to the way I have built mine

john_s_sub

Apprentice elf
Yeh. Got a few ideas when we spoke at the mini. Will be interesting to get the strips on and run some sequences through it. Will be keeping an eye on it over the coming weeks to monitor it for wind impact. But thinking it should be ok given the level of structural support.

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Looks really good John. ;)

Are you going to leave it up in place now or take it back down?

What did you make the frame out of? If you don't mind me asking.

john_s_sub

Apprentice elf
Thanks Shell. :)

Ha yes.. Good question fasteddy. The neighbor across the street has been wondering what we have been up to over the last couple of months. It has taken some time to get it from concept phase to having it up. I am thinking he is has no idea how much light this will generate :) hope he has blinds.

Bevo, it is made out of 20mm round conduit. Followed measurements from superstarlights website (the few that are mentioned). I will be taking it down after I test it and put it back up in november. Built a pulley system so it goes up and down relatively easy. The support pole has 3 guy wires and and can easily be taken down. Don't think my wife would like it up all year :) will post some other photos.

john_s_sub

Apprentice elf
udu8ezeb.jpg

e4eju2u4.jpg

u9u4egu6.jpg

2yja8e5y.jpg

y6a8y8ev.jpg

john_s_sub

Apprentice elf
Successful test last night! Single and Legacy ID setting on a couple of controllers caused some issues but quick fix once we figured it out. Got to say it is going to look awesome mixed in with the rest of the house (probably biased though). My wife's comment after all the nice comments - "hope the neighbours have curtains". It was certainly bright! Few cars and dog walkers stopped to have a peek. Now for the star and rest of house....