Help please with LSP and E1.31

stiebs

New elf
So this year is my first attempt at pixels after being limited to LOR previously. I've got a box full of Ray Wu pixels and a couple of ECG-P12Rs and just purchased LSP (Oops.. bought the Intro version instead of Basic, but have upgraded and waiting on my upgrade license code). In the meantime I'm running the 30 day eval version on another computer.

But I'm not having much luck here. I've watched Fast Eddy's LSP/E1.31 vid, and done pretty much everything in there.

I've got 120 pixels hooked up so far, and the P12R test sequence has confirmed all working. I've added the channels into a LSP, configured them onto the right universe and multicast onto the right NIC. I've eliminated network issue by using a direct connection on 10.10.10.10 (P12R) and 10.10.10.1 (laptop).

Running the LSP hardware test works fine. All lights light up just fine. But when I play back the sequence (with output turned on - ie, the light globe on in the playback ribbon), no lights.

Is this because I'm running the 30 day eval LSP, or am I doing something else wrong? Is there something else I should check?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
According to lsp site the evaluation version is limited to 16 channels for the 45 days of eval so you won't have much luck till you get your license.

stiebs

New elf
Good point. I started again, but this time just created a 15 channel E1.31 (5 x RGB channels). Same deal. Controller test works fine, but when I hit play, nothing.

stiebs

New elf
Yep. Saved, exited LSP, restarted, reloaded, no go.
Also created new sequence, play, stop, save, exit, restart, load, play. Nothing :(
I'm hoping there's something silly that I've overlooked

[edit]
And also hoping that Minleon have got people working on weekends :) Although considering it *is* a weekend, and Thanksgiving nonetheless, I'm not sure I'll get my upgrade code before the US Monday rolls on..

stiebs

New elf
Someone responded to my post on the LSP forums. I needed to dig through the menus to find the "Optimize Entire Sequence" option. Once I ran that my lights started working.