Help with PIXCON16

prontoheal

New elf
Hi guys,

I was cleaning out my garage over the wekend and I found a PIXCON16 which I forgot about (about a year old).

I grabbed a spare power supply and cabled the bad boy up. Well it powered up and it still had it's orginal IP address to it.

I then flipped the jumpers to be LOR on the J3/J4 and the other jumpers to ensure it is completly LOR.

I also then configured it within the network manager to say J3/J4 are using LOR the RS connections. Also I set the pixels and the amount of lights within the string. and gave it a LOR unit number.

Applied and it looked good.

Put the unit is test mode by pushing the button for 3 seconds which made the lights change colour.

But
When I went into LOR Sequence Editor and mad ea quick config to test each pixel and started it there was nothing the red light was flashing to tell me it had no connection.

I tested and made sur I was using my COM port and I was plugged into J3, but still nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Adam

darylc

404 darylc not found
I think you are misunderstanding what the Pixcon16 does - it needs to connect to your computer via ethernet not via a LOR dongle or Serial Com port.

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
I think you are misunderstanding what the Pixcon16 does - it needs to connect to your computer via ethernet not via a LOR dongle or Serial Com port.
I think you are misunderstanding what LOR is capable of. This is doable with a USB485 adapter

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
I think this board may need to use the 'Enhanced LOR' protocol mode for RS485 (LOR USB dongle) operation, according to the PIXCON16 data sheet. This setting requires a Pro-level licence for the LOR Sequencing Suite.

These two screenshots show how to turn that on
network.png.a0037f0dc451239c35049dd350ecbc9c.png

enhanced.png.78b0f0d95873ab3bdc52f33935fd84fa.png

Source: http://forums.lightorama.com/topic/...need-some-help/?do=findComment&comment=390428

prontoheal

New elf
Thanks for this, I have now got the red light solid. With it set to 500.0K speed, but when I switch on the Enhanced it flashed again will continue to play.

Wish I could just move away from the RS485 but I still have the old style LOR boxes in my display.

Thanks again gurus
Adam

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
You could run your older LOR boxes as-is and connect your PixCon16 separately with its own network cable to your home network via your router or a switch. This is what I did last year with a combination of LOR mainly CMB16D-QC controllers (RS485) and an Advatek PixLite 4 (E1.31)

prontoheal

New elf
Thanks, I have to do some reading up on how to do this, I have always run basic RS485 lights last year I put in Dumb RGB string this year I wanted to try something new.

Back to the books any advice would be great
Thanks in advance

crlights

New elf
You could run your older LOR boxes as-is and connect your PixCon16 separately with its own network cable to your home network via your router or a switch. This is what I did last year with a combination of LOR mainly CMB16D-QC controllers (RS485) and an Advatek PixLite 4 (E1.31)
do you have a layout to see how you did this.