Hi all from the Pilbara W.A.

brett0004

New elf
Hi all, another new member from Tom Price in Western Australia. have been looking at the Light o Rama products for a few years and decided to take the plunge. Although I think I am more confused now than before. I am pretty sure I want to go the 24v direction, I am a qualified instrument electrician but I think ELV is the safer option. I was looking at the LOR 32 channel starter kits but am not sure really what to order. I would like to go with music and will link permanently to a p.c. as I already have heaps of rope LED and other LED strings I think I will be able to use this in my setup. look forward to more reading on this forum as there seems to be an endless supply of info. Any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated.
regards Brett.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Hi Brett and welcome to ACL. Unfortunately LOR is little behind on there supplies this year so you may have troubles getting something together before December. Now is a great time to start for next year as you can take your time to learn from all the Knowledge in the forums and the guys in chat. There is a lot of options in here for DC control of your lights But there is also a lot to learn before you dive into them.

Cheers

Mike

CLAP infected!
Nice to welcome another West Aussie on here.

Hope you have a great time here.
As far as getting a controller before Dec switch on, im not too sure if there is any left available. LOR is way behind. Only other thing you could try is one of David_AVD's 48 channel boards IF he has any left

brett0004

New elf
Thanks for the replys guys, I am not too concerned about this year, will probably wait till after Chrissy, I dont know if they have any specials after the Christmas rush. The DC gear is all listed as out of stock on LOR's web site. Just a question can you run a mixture of AC controllers and DC controllers.

kane

Dedicated elf
brett0004 said:
Thanks for the replys guys, I am not too concerned about this year, will probably wait till after Chrissy, I dont know if they have any specials after the Christmas rush. The DC gear is all listed as out of stock on LOR's web site. Just a question can you run a mixture of AC controllers and DC controllers.
No problems at all using a mix of AC and DC controllers.

LOR usually do a couple sales a year - one with limited stock around march/april from memory, and then another one later on with plenty of stock, but not quite as good discounting. This year was slightly different to previous years - they just had mini-sales with particular products discounted for a few days at a time.. LOR have had some real supply issues this year - no idea whether that's just because they've had a lot more demand, or if it's because of a supply-chain issue.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
brett0004 said:
Just a question can you run a mixture of AC controllers and DC controllers.

Yes you can Brett. If you decide to go with LOR next year all their controllers will run together. As an alternative the LOR equipment can also be run in DMX mode with the controllers that Mike mentioned as well, so they can always be used in one way or another. Good thing for you is that you found us before Christmas which gives you the opportunity to check out some of the members displays that might be in your area. A good place to start is in the members map or pop into chat as some of them hang around in there too.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL Brett, as you have already realised the guys here very helpful. Im sure you will find the info you need here through the posts and the chat room to be able to create a magical computer controlled display for 2012