Hi Everyone...

gheerden

New elf
Hi everyone...

I am from Brisbane and just wanted to say hi...

I wish I had found this site a month or two sooner, as I am down the road a bit at this stage and may have done things a bit differently...

I have been doing lights for 4 years now and this year decided that I wanted to do a controlled display.
not having much to go on i bought heaps of stuff and I am pretty close to finalizing my display with 32 channels and 7800 led's (most from Big W 24v)

I purchased kits from altronics, and have assembled them myself.
I have been working on my setup since beginning of October, and have had heaps of fun building all these bits...

http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=K5885
http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=K5887

I am very unfortunately having issues with my controllers, and getting funny results on certain channels, (its kinda driving me nuts...)

SO much so that I am VERY seriously considering starting again from a controller perspective and looking at getting
  • [SIZE=78%]2 x DC-48's [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=78%]usb-rs485-rj-iso[/SIZE]
  • vixen software
As I plan on doing something bigger next year already... (any advice would be appreciated...)

I am pretty keen on the RGB strings and strips

Too late to run away already... :D

So thanks for the site it has been FULL of information and has been awesome, the links on these pages are just amazing and some of the displays I have seen here are just WOW...

Cheers
G

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL.

Unfortunatly i dont know of anyone who is using these controllers, so I hope someone out there may be able to assist, but if not the backup plan you have should work perfectly as its been tried and tested and has many users.

MarcD

Full time elf
Not sure where in Brisbane you are (we're near Forest Lake). This is our first year of controlled lighting and we went with the DC48 and associated bits from David_AVD. I can attest to the quality of his stuff and his high standard of service. We plugged it all in and it worked first go running off Vixen on a Win 7 laptop.

If you want to save yourself some heartache, just buy from David and give yourself more time to write sequences.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
MarcD said:
Not sure where in Brisbane you are (we're near Forest Lake). This is our first year of controlled lighting and we went with the DC48 and associated bits from David_AVD. I can attest to the quality of his stuff and his high standard of service. We plugged it all in and it worked first go running off Vixen on a Win 7 laptop.

If you want to save yourself some heartache, just buy from David and give yourself more time to write sequences.
near forest lake huh. same as me... you need to update the member map with your location so i can come have a look and a chat at some stage.

Welcome Gheerden. Yeah let us know where your display is. Always good to find more members in the state doing displays.

One word for you.. PIXELS!!!!.

that should tickle your fancy quite nicely. :p

MarcD

Full time elf
Heathwood to be exact. I say near Forest Lake because no-one knows where Heathwood is (even the spellchecker).

I'm sure pixels are great and we may go down that path next year, but considering the date and the fact he already has Big W strings, he's probably left it too late.

Matt said:
MarcD said:

near forest lake huh. same as me... you need to update the member map with your location so i can come have a look and a chat at some stage.

Welcome Gheerden. Yeah let us know where your display is. Always good to find more members in the state doing displays.

One word for you.. PIXELS!!!!.

that should tickle your fancy quite nicely. :p

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I know where Heathwood I drive past it most days. Welcome to ACL. As you can see there are a few of us about the place.

mick8248

Full time elf
hi gheerden, welcome to ACL, although this is my first year at having a real attempt at animated chrissy lighting, last year I built and used the controllers you have mentioned and put together a small display. What issues are you having, I had a few problems getting mine up and running, but they were mostly due to the fact that I etched my own boards myself.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome23.png

gheerden

New elf
Done...!

Thanks David, your help was invaluable...

So lets start again...

Hi Everyone,

I have started for the first time this year with a controlled display,

I am using 2 x DC48 and LOR3...

:D

Thanks for all the advice and assistance...

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
No problem Gary. You picked up the concepts pretty quick so I'm sure you'll have an animated display going in short time.

There's lots of experience here on ACL so don't be afraid to ask opinions and advice. :)