Hi from Brisbane, Australia

Beefer

Apprentice elf
Hey all,

Had to join in as RGB pixel control is set to revolutionise christmas lighting as we know it!

I've done basic 16-32 channel LOR displays in the past, but have been very frustrated with the lack of control - either you fade/flash/flicker a complete single string of lights all at the same time, or you just turn on/off strings with store-bought 8-sequence controllers to get sparkle/chase effects etc.

Now that E1.31 support has been announced for LOR, it'll take the display to the next level! Although I'm nervous about programming strings with 50x the complexity due to individual pixel control....

Here's the video of last year's effort:
Carey Family Christmas Lights - Carol of the Bells

It was a bit of a rush job due to major renovations, so you'll no doubt pick up a little dodgy programming....

Anyway, glad to meet you all!

Adam

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Hi Adam. Welcome to ACL. nice to see another QLD'R. Where are you Located?
I'd also like to invite you to check out the Brisbane Mini thread if you'd like to see some e131 setups

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
Welcome beefer! RGB is definitely the future and I look forward to visiting your RGB display this Christmas.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome24.gif

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Hi Adam and welcome to another local.

You already have a great display and did a good job with your display last year. It will be good to see what you can come up with this year.

Bird

LOR user
18.gif

to ACL Adam

Beefer said:
It was a bit of a rush job due to major renovations, so you'll no doubt pick up a little dodgy programming....
We are always the most critical of our own displays. What I just watched looked great. Nice to see another LOR user here.

Beefer said:
Now that E1.31 support has been announced for LOR, it'll take the display to the next level! Although I'm nervous about programming strings with 50x the complexity due to individual pixel control....
You along with many other LOR users are very excited to see e1.31 coming. As far as controlling RGB, I can only hope that RGB is as easy as CCR's for programming.

Beefer

Apprentice elf
David_AVD said:
Welcome to ACL Adam. :)

What part of Brisbane are you in?
Sorry for the reply, didn't turn on notifications for this thread!! I'm in Alexandra Hills out bayside way - have been buying a lot of stuff from Ray, currently building like crazy ;)
I was planning to get to the last Brisbane Mini out at Ipswich but work called two hours prior, wasn't happy! But I've been busy reading, building and testing, so it's looking good for this year..
It will be almost entirely a e1.31 display so it's been a big learning curve, but I'm loving the new firmware on the e682 Sandevices controller.
Thanks for the welcome everyone.