Hi From Canebrra

onebyone

New elf
Just a quick hello - new here (although I've been reading everything everywhere for a while). This year I'm dipping my toe in with a very basic plan just get a feel for everything then planning for something a little larger next year.

Resources (like the wiki) are amazing in this place. Thanks for all those who have put that together.

Bryan H

Bryan
Welcome to the ACL. You have a few others in Canberra that can help you if you need assistance. I am in Tumut, not too far as the crow flys. There is a wealth of knowledge in this group. I would suggest you read the 101 manual which will assist you. Again Welcome..

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL. The wiki, the ACL101 and the community are all excellent resources.
ACL chat is great for getting immediate answers to questions and the Zoom room is great when you're having a problem and it's easier to see it and have a talk.

AllanH

New elf
Hello good folk of Canberra. I just wanted to say hello as I was one of the original members way back when and thought it was time to contribute to the group again. I have used LightORama products for most of my time doing lights. I am really a huge fan of the E.31 cards even though it was a nightmare trying to get things going for the first time. I am located on the northside, West Belconnen area, and if you are in the area and want to talk lights come and look me up.

JohnDe

New elf
Hi. I'm also relatively new. Went to Sydney min and found that extremely useful. I'm glad that I was able to take some videos of hw folks set up their boxes etc and I am referring to this a lot in building my cases. I'm dipping my toes in as well with whatever plan I can manage to do this year (currently 48 mini trees, some candy canes and maybe a bit more ). I plan to expand this a lot for next year.

Moonzoom74

New elf
Hey Allan, I just joined the forum to get started on some lights for this year. We are in Fadden. Would love to catch up some time and pick your brain.
Tamsin

JohnDe

New elf
Thought I should say hello again. I'm in Huddy St, Forde. This year's design is totally huge and insane. 1.3 Tonnes of lights have just arrived ! We are hard at work building out our power inject boxes. A key feature will be giant xmas trees, two "waterfalls" and a massive matrix. I have 5 full-time helpers now working with me on this project, as I learned last year how much time it actually takes. I'm also going to have to have the 3x 60A fuses changed to 3x 80A fuses and spread the load on all three phases as we will be using a lot of power.
IMG_5105.jpegIMG_4839.jpeg

Last edited: