Hi from Jimboomba, Queensland

bpratt

Senior elf
Got a basic light setup that I want to improve on, in particular computer controlled lighting for my place.

On a 1 acre block, and about 100m from the road, so got plenty of room to 'play'. :)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Welcome to ACL.
Oh the joys of a big block. I'm on 2 1/4 acres and about 27m from front fence. With about 1/2 acre of front yard to decorate it never looks like there is much there.

bpratt

Senior elf
Okay, pretty much a basic set up of store bought led lights, simply slapped up around the house. :)

Usual icicle led's around the gutters of the house, led strings up and down the roof between the solar panels, santa in a combi inflatable, and white led's down both side fences that go down to the road.

Planning on getting a sparky to put in an outdoor power point around 25 metres back from the road, and do a better display closer to where people driving past can see things better, i.e. closer.

What I'm hoping to start on this year is pixel lighting a mega tree down the front, trampoline base and a 6 - 8 metre pole up in the air, and 180 degree viewable of course.

NFI

New elf
Could possible help you out with the power point. as I'm a electrical contractor.
In my opinion Pixel lights are the way to go, yes cost a bit to set up but you can so much with them year after year

bpratt

Senior elf
thanks bud, got a mate who's a sparky close by to us.

The more I investigate, the more pixel lights seem to be the way to go.

Would like to utilise my old led lights in a better manner, and would like to see if theres a way to control them, rather than all the plugpacks kicking around.