Hi from south side of Brisbane

kwiksmart

New elf
Hi
My name is Lisa and christmas lights are my passion.
I am planning to try a small computer controlled light display in 2012
I am very interested in learning about LOR.
My family and I will be visiting as many display as we can find this year.
Carn't wait till 1st December.
Lisa

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Hi Lisa,
Welcome to ACL. There's lots of like minded people here who are happy to share information.

Feel free to pop into chat one evening and say hello. :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL Lisa, you have come to the right place to learn about putting up a computer controlled display. There are many very helpful members here in the forum and in the Brisbane area that will be able to answer your questions.
Welcome to the hobby.

Bird

LOR user
Hello Lisa,
Welcome, I currently only use LOR, it's as close to plug and play as you can get with lights but at a high monetary cost. Last year I had a 16 channel controller and just bought 2 CCR ribbons a few weeks back and they work great. However it will most likely be the last of the LOR hardware I buy. It's time for me to move into DIY and make my display grow faster.
Wish I lived close to the smart people you have down there. :) The people there will be able to assist you in getting your lights moving. Although some do it more DIY style, it will save you lots of money.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Hi Lisa, Welcome to ACL. Glad you found us, there are many animated displays here in Brisbane that I hope you can get around to seeing. pop into the Displays Location tab in the forum and your sure to find someone close to you. Myself, I'm in Ipswich and would be more than happy to take you through the workings of a Animated display.

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
Hi Lisa
I'm a LOR devotee and am always happy to talk with others who suffer from the same addiction.

I'm in the southwest area of Brisbane (Sinnamon Park) and there are a few other LOR users in this general area from Chelmer to Springfield to Ipswich.

Welcome to the forum and look forward to chatting if the opportunity arises.

Regards Geoff