Hi from the northern beaches, Sydney

uppitt

Apprentice elf
hi everyone,

I thought I'd google 'australian christmas light forum' to see where it would take me....and so here I am.

I started dabbling in our yearly display 3 years ago at the request of my then 4 year old daughter (as well as calls from my inner desire), and over the past 3 years added more and more. It's all a static display, but with our sloping front native garden, we spread our lights all around and welcome people to take a walk through the garden. I've tried not to go too over the top, it's not a cheap hobby, but I like to think it's tasteful. I've seen a number of regulars in our area that have lights covering every square centimetre of land and it's a truly blinding experience.

I will post up some photos soon. This years effort required a massive garden cleanup/makeover before I got to put out the lights, and it near killed me from the effort required. I'm not as young as I used to be. Weeks spent in the garden has resulted in me now seeing a physio weekly ! But at long last I got the lights going just over a week ago...better late then never.

I've thought of doing a display to music, but never looked into it much. I'm at the point though that I need to look at my wiring and probably replace alot of transformer plugpacks with 1 large transformer (that is if I remain with a static display). I don't have a large number, but enough that I'm get tired of the many powerboards required.

Thanks
Tim

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, the size of a display is not whats important, it what you do with it and every display is different. We hope we can give you some pointers in your journey to an animated display so feel free to ask questions. Thats what this community is all about, helping eachother out and sharing ideas.