Hi there from Sheidow Park SA

Adsy

Full time elf
G'day there folks, my name is Adam and after watching a few YouTube videos I think it's time to do me some Christmas lights. I have been tinkering with dumb RGB for about 8 or so years now doing my own largish led panels,infinity mirror coffee table. I got some 6803ic last year and they started the creative juices flowing.I have recently acquired some 1903ic and as of Friday ws2812b strips for which I think I've fritzed already with arduino uno!!!( I'll post a thread in the relevant forum)
Anyways I just like designing and making stuff so this hobby seems to suit me ,I think I need to get my head around the technology side of things which partially why I'm here. Thanks for the good read so far and some added inspiration .
Cheers

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hey Adam, welcome to ACL!
Sound like you already have a bit of experience with layouts of your lights, next step would be into the wonderful world of pixels!
Have a read of the 101 guide to get you across all the ins and outs and if you cant find what you're looking for in the forums or wiki pages, feel free to jump in chat as there is usually someone around to bounce your questions and ideas off of.
Cheers, Graham

darylc

404 darylc not found
Welcome Adsy, there are lots of us in Adelaide, even some down your way!

CrazyCatLady

New elf
Hey Adsy, I'm around the corner too. Heath looks after the pixels, I look after sequencing. If you have any questions, let us know.
Look forward to seeing your display :)

Adsy

Full time elf
Thanks CrazyCatLady. Unfortunately there will be no computer aided display this year
due to work commitments ,but I thought I would start with the nuts and bolts at least and
hopefully learn from my mistakes before diving in next year