HLS conversion to Falcon Pi

Habbosrus

Back again
Need help understanding. I have exported my HLS files and got .hlsIdata files. I then used Nutcracker to convert to .fseq files for playing with the falcon pi player. My question pertains to the audio. When I exported my HLS files I got a bunch of .PCM files as well. Are they something to do with audio? Do I use these with the Falcon Pi? Or do I use the audio files chosen when I started each of my sequences. Many of them were .wav files. Does the Falcon Pi use .wav files for the audio? I know I'm all over the place with my questions, I'm just trying to understand the audio requirements of the Falcon Pi. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tlh

New elf
The FPP uses OGG format for audio, and your audio files will need to be converted. Details can be found at the following:

http://www.falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php?topic=247.msg1513#msg1513

Terry

dkulp

Full time elf
The PCM files that HLS produces are kind of proprietary to HLS. At least Audacity doesn't really like them.

I HOPE you still have the original MP3 or WAV files. If so, use Audacity to export them to OGG. That's what Falcon likes. Personally, for each song I'm using I'm keeping the MP3 and OGG files together as xLights works great with the MP3 and the hlsIdata import in xLights will now will map the .PCM -> .MP3 during import/conversion.

Habbosrus

Back again
I just got FPP working on my Pi. I uploaded my .fseq files without any problems. I used Audacity to convert my wav & mp3 files to ogg but I can't seem to upload any music files other than mp3. Any suggestions.

dkulp

Full time elf
Might be the version of FPP. I think they are still in the process of switching everything over from MP3 to OGG. I think MP3's are OK right now but the next update may require OGG.

Then again, they've also talked about automatically converting the MP3 to OGG internally at upload time. No idea where they are on all of that.

tlh

New elf
Habbosrus said:
I just got FPP working on my Pi. I uploaded my .fseq files without any problems. I used Audacity to convert my wav & mp3 files to ogg but I can't seem to upload any music files other than mp3. Any suggestions.

I had difficulty uploading audio in the OGG format, too, until I updated the FPP to the lasted version. To update, make sure that you are are running the latest OS version (Alpha 0.1.0) and that the FPP is connected to a network with Internet access. The OS should automatically update to the latest version of FPP software (6738f32). After that, you should be able to upload the OGG files. Hope that helps.
Terry

Habbosrus

Back again
Mine is showing
[SIZE=medium]Image Version: Alpha 0.1.0, FPP Version: 6f258e9[/SIZE]
[/size]
[SIZE=medium]I have tried rebooting a few times to see if there are any changes, but so far no changes.[/SIZE]

tlh

New elf
Habbosrus said:
Mine is showing
Image Version: Alpha 0.1.0, FPP Version: 6f258e9

Sounds like the FPP is not connected to the Internet so that it can update. When it boots, what IP addresses are announced (you'll need to have speakers attached). You should have two - the default 192.168.0.10 and one assigned by your DHCP router (that needs to have access to the Internet). It may also be necessary to have a display attached to see what happens during boot up.
Terry

mykroft

New elf
Connect a monitor and see why its not updating. If you modify anything in the bin or www dirs manually, it will not update anymore on its own. In than case its easier to reload the OS inage and let it update then.

Tony

Habbosrus said:
Mine is showing
[SIZE=medium]Image Version: Alpha 0.1.0, FPP Version: 6f258e9[/SIZE]
[/size]
[SIZE=medium]I have tried rebooting a few times to see if there are any changes, but so far no changes.[/SIZE]