HLS Text within pixel panel

angus40

Senior elf
Madko said:
It's definitely a nutcracker issue (or operator error somewhere) because I have 3 songs of my sequence with the mega tree running fine if i create a pixel plane effect through HLS! When I create a pixel plane through Xlight/nutcracker and drop it on the mega tree pixel plane line it doesn't work!
if you tell me how many pixels you are using for your pixel plane element I will do a step by step video how to setup and export effects in Xlights/Nutcracker for you .

Madko

Full time elf
That would be a great help as i am at a loss at the moment.

My pixel plane is for my mega tree
My mega tree is a Ray 2D
12 strips of 5m 2811 30led/m strip
50 pixels per strip
600 pixels for my pixel plane

Hope this is what you need and makes sense!

Thanks for this and really appreciated!!

angus40

Senior elf
Madko
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3-Di52NvkIhWUJGUmY3dE00TEU/edit?usp=sharing

download this file and extract it to your hls\nutcracker folder

open hls and your pixelplane sequence , right click on a time tic of the PP and choose ADD EXTERNAL PIXEL PLANE EFFECT.
Select Madko.hlsnc and you should see the effect in preview or if you output to you lights .
as a model in nutcracker i just created a 180 mega tree with 12 strings and 50 nodes.

Please watch the video I uploaded to the Nutcracker Forum , It will show you the exact steps to take for generating and exporting .hlsnc files to Hls .

Madko

Full time elf
Thanks heaps for this and ill give it a go soon and ill let you know the results.
Thanks again

Madko

Full time elf
Well i installed your HLS file you created for me and it worked well! Thanks
I saw red and green meteors going down my mega tree.
I then watched your video and then tried again for myself! Im not getting it!!!!!
A couple of questionS:

In setup do i only put in the number of universes for my mega tree only or the whole system? mega tree 12 universes, whole system 24 universes.

Also in my setup i put it as unicast as thats what im using in my HLS sequence!

Any chance of getting a snap shot of what the setup page of the mega tree you created in the madko.hlscn file? It might be where in going wrong......im not sure.

Anyway thanks for everything so far!!!!!!!!!!!!

angus40

Senior elf
just make sure your model is correct and you have enough universes to generate the effects size correctly .

you can leave the xlights settings as multicast that part does not matter because you are only using nutcracker to generate the effect for exporting . here is a pic of your model that i setup.

smeighan

Dedicated elf
Madko said:
Well i installed your HLS file you created for me and it worked well! Thanks
I saw red and green meteors going down my mega tree.
I then watched your video and then tried again for myself! Im not getting it!!!!!
A couple of questionS:

In setup do i only put in the number of universes for my mega tree only or the whole system? mega tree 12 universes, whole system 24 universes.

Also in my setup i put it as unicast as thats what im using in my HLS sequence!

Any chance of getting a snap shot of what the setup page of the mega tree you created in the madko.hlscn file? It might be where in going wrong......im not sure.

Anyway thanks for everything so far!!!!!!!!!!!!

most likely issue is how you setup your model in xlights. can you past your xlights_rgbeffects.xml file? This will show how your models have been setup

Madko

Full time elf
Cheers guys, will do my best over the weekend to up load my settings, I'm sure I'm missing something because my nutcracker now is producing all white when outputting. Also seems like my settings are the same as Angus's!

Anyway I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, silly or missing something

Cheers

Madko

Full time elf
Hey guys,

To close my nutcracker issue, I found when I updated to the latest Xlight/nutcracker this fixed my issue. My setup remained the same and when I updated all work well!

Cheers and thanks for your help!